Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing FAO Detailers Reply To: FAO Detailers

Ben Woods
Participant

UK - England

The following is only my opinions all based on having and trying a ton of different brands and also having a detailer that rents a space in my unit and does some amazing work. Recently got an audi a5 which i collected from the dealer in all the plastic and took it straight to my unit which had a full decontamination and multiple stage paint correction then it had a product call Nanolex si3d applied to the body work and dodo juice ceramic coating applied to the wheels. The finish is brilliant but all comes down to the preparation and how much time you put in to getting the paint right before any thing is applied. The durability of the the product is awesome with it being 6 months and only washed once a month with a  strict maintenance regime. Other products I have used in the past include g techniq and kamikaze, dodo, poor boys, meguiars, swissvax and the list goes on. I have a lot of speed detailers now all claiming to add nano paint protection to paintwork but I am yet to see the duration and results over time. I personally work through many products to find what works with my current vehicle and stick to that. Old fashioned wax seems to have taken a back seat over the ceramic coatings in the last few years but I personally sometimes think a good wax is great for enhancing the paint and making the colours pop.