0-60 time

Home Forums Styling General 0-60 time

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all.

What suggestions do you guys have to improve 0-60 times?

I know you’d all throw in driver skills there somewhere haha!

If any of you have an Accessport or similar, are there any settings you’d recommend changing?

Ps using launch control of course!

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

What have you managed and what timing equiptment ?

Callump01
    Participant

UK - Wales

What’s the 0 – 60 stock without launch control?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

0-60 without launch is probably mid 5 seconds and end up with an even hotter clutch after trying to get it off the line, I think its a bit of a con really, ford saying its a 4.7 second 0-60 car, they should add in the 15 seconds it takes to get it in launch mode! At the trafic light grand prix the Merc or Audi and maybe even Honda will be off and gone.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Honorary Member

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Remove everything from the boot, remove rear seats and passenger seat, fit light weight wheels, exhausts and brakes, fit cup tyres, short shift, use launch control and remap to MT400…   Should see bit of an improvement….    Or just buy a car with a DSG gearbox., ie RS3 or A45.  😀

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Off the line there quick i raced presumably a standard mk3 when i had my mk2 at ford fest  santa pod 2016, left me for dead off the line but caught up half way down and then over took before the finish but then i had 405 bhp and more in torque ,

There were mountune 400 mk3 running high 12,s which i wouldnt of caught

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve got 4.7 twice today on a custom tune in normal mode.

Would it be better with traction control off? I didn’t use flat foot shifting either. Might give both of those a go next time. Just want to see what I can get out of her.

I’m just using my Accessport to measure my 0-60.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

I.didnt know.you could.flat shift is that  standard ?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Apparently ford built it into their standard map. It’s just a rpm limiter when the clutch is pushed in.

Cobb lets you adjust the cut off on the Accessport, but my tuner recommends not to go higher than a 5k rpm cut off.

Mods:

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

My understanding of flat shiftimg is keeping accelerator planted then using clutch to change gear , ie not lifting accelerator pedal ?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

That is correct mate

Mods:

robroy
    Participant

UK - England

Thats interesting it doesnt say anything in the manuals ?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 0-60 time. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!