150000 km / 93206 miles

Home Forums General Members’ Cars 150000 km / 93206 miles

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

No comment ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Questions?

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk, fantastic motoring, Q what has been the biggest thrill you have had driving the RS.

Honorary Member

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

O, that’s an easy one @bobcat: the track day on the Anneau du Rhin as a rookie. The instruction was simply “Ready – Steady – Go” and off I went to 6500 rpm and beyond ๐Ÿ˜

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@frenk, nice one canโ€™t beat a fantastic day on the track ๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น๐Ÿ˜น

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Any brake downs?

How many sets of tyres/brakes have you been through in that time?

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by turbo-tone.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@turbo-tone: Brakedowns: None, Zero, Nil, Nada.

Tyres: Summer, 3 sets, now on 4th. Winter, 3 sets, will be probably 4th in october.
    Brakes: Replaced all disks and pads once at 90,000 km.

Repairs: Head gasket, speaker sound, rear AWD clutch assembly oil (all service bulletins). Hatch open switch replaced twice. Right mirror lamp housing. Driver window screeching. One flat tyre, repaired. One head lamp replaced (Xenon). All scheduled services and oil changes done by official Ford shop. No MOT yet, since it is only after 6 years in Switzerland for new cars. That’s about it from the top of my head.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Frenky, what about actual ‘breakdowns’? ๐Ÿ˜Ž ha ha ha. Have we performed a fake refuelling yet? have we then gone onto only 3/4 tanking instead of brimming to first click ??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@71-bda: I was expecting you. The current issues are not really breakdowns in the strict sense, though, since I still can drive, innit ๐Ÿ˜‰

Well, no, I had no occasion yet for the tests. Last weekend I made a trip to Verona and back. My Mrs got me a birthday present for my 60th last year to the opera in the arena. It had been cancelled due to Covid-19 lockdown measures. So we made it up this year.

On the way home, due to heavy traffic on the highway, we chose the alpine roads over the Ofenpass and the Flรผela. Needless to say, the “head bangs” came back on WOT after every hairpin turn. My wife commented in a cynical mood: “This car has become useless. Time to dump it. ”

And as you might have guessed: I had 3 italian refuels to brimming on these 1500 kilometers and – surprise surprise – no issue at all.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

P.S. For the record, to specify the 3 refuels:

1. Italian border but still in Switzerland, Coldrerio, 98 RON
    2. Close to Padova, 95 RON
    3. Davos, V-Power, 100 RON

Common attribute: the tank was empty to about 80 km when the first chime appears, not 40 km. Does that make any sense?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

ok Frenky, time to fit another FORD intercooler blanking plate, same size as the one you have, fit something to the left of your already present blanker so you are nearly blocking half the intercooler. I think the drop in temps and relatively high humidity you are seeing there is STILL causingย  soggy intercooler internals !! I bet its slopping about right/left/right left every hairpin you take, then getting sucked up on WOT at a certain poundage of boost ! get it covered mate.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Cheers mate. It’s certainly worth a try. The frustration cannot get any harder. I might well find a patch of rubbery plastic somewhere in my workshop at work and affix it.

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi Mike, second blanking plate installed. Adjacent to first. 2 mm soft PVC black. Same size. Doubled shield area.

Let’s see if I call it a day earlier this afternoon and take a little detour ๐Ÿ˜Ž

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

frenkyboy ..

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

This small tour today before tea revealed no “head bangs” so far. Hang on Mike, the scrutiny will come tomorrow when doing the real ordeal. Somebody has to empty that bloody tank for the “fake refuel stunt” to be performed correctly, innit ๐Ÿ˜Ž

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and then Frenk was gone… never to be heard of again. Lets hope hes ok !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 150000 km / 93206 miles. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!