2 x Tickford Capris

Home Forums General Spotted 2 x Tickford Capris

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

On Sunday on Weymouth prom there was a collection of classic cars. Lined up side by side were 2 Tickford Capris. I remember coveting one that was local to me back when they were new.

Another sexy classic was a Triumph GT6 among others.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Pictures mo !!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

To see one is a rare treat but two, that is fantastic. Pics please ?

Honorary Member

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Had a poster of a Tickford on my wall when I was about 10 yrs old.

Please post picks if you have em’!.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

Ahh… Well I’m really sorry to report that I didn’t take any photos. As it was my day off I had left my phone at home.

Sorry guys but believe me it was a pretty sight.

Bournemouth has a classic festival on at the moment that runs throughout the summer. Every Sunday evening from 4pm. I’ll have a look this weekend and you never know they might pop up there?

jamesey78
    Participant

UK - England

I got one from Fordstock last Sunday. I like it a lot.

Sync 3, Lux pack, forged alloys, door protectors, winter pack, MSD420, DSC controller, Mountune; intake, short shift, roll restrictor and springs, Mishimoto intercooler and hoses, Pumaspeed 12mm black wheel spacers and nuts, H&R anti-roll bars, Scorpion valved cat-back with black ceramic tips, J9 Performance exhaust valve controller, EBC grooved/dimpled discs and yellowstuff pads, Goodridge carbon effect brake lines, carbon mirror caps and gear knob, smoked led sequential wing mirror repeaters, bonnet lifters, RS puddle lamps, Rally Armor flaps, Ghost and tracker

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Ooh there she is, wow that takes me back, Love it, Thanks Jamesey

I remember back in the early 90’s they where worth a small fortune, how much are they now??.

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure that is a Tickford? The reg comes back as a capri but others come back as Tickford as a model.  Also I thought the Aston Martin Badge was a metal affair? Maybe I’m wrong? It’s been known! ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@irelmo, did a bit of research and it looks like there’s a Ford badge on some and an Aston Martin badge on others, also there appears to be a Tickford badge too!

Honorary Member

irelmo
    Participant

UK - England

You are of course correct! I found this and it underlines exactly how rare they are.

1983-1986 Tickford Capri Turbo: The Eight Tenths Aston Martin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 2 x Tickford Capris. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!