2 years old but still fearsome!

Home Forums General Members’ Cars 2 years old but still fearsome!

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • Author

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

The one with the Early Spring In February 2020!

PART 1

Spring is here or at least looks like it. What better time to make an update than one day after a full revision? I originally did not want to write this because my dealership massacred my wallet and I got a sour taste now.

Every February, like clockwork, I take my car to my dealership. I tell myself the bill is a small price to pay for long term but as of last year the bill is bigger than Wakanda and that is saying something.

Unlike many, I do not have a mechanical inclination to fix my car. I can diagnose, I got a good way to understand what is not working and I know how my car works. I can sit down with a pint and bore you with Caster, Camber and ambient influence on boost but when it comes to opening things up and fixing them; I stay away if it is not a computer. Sort of like, if I can’t swim, I stay away from the pool. Luckily I can swim so I go swimming often :).

It seemed like a normal day, I woke up and wait a second. This is not how the story begins. I think we need to go back a few weeks. Remember that old post where someone decided to use my car as chewits? Yes, that one. Did you notice how weird my front rotors looked? Well they suffered and after almost 13.000 miles they had to go.

One of the main reasons was safety. EBC Mountune Grooved discs have a minimum thickness of 23mm. I was a shy over that and the thinner the disc, the less it can dissipate heat. As a diligent pupil I did some research for my new discs. I spent a few sleepless nights looking at products left and right. I originally narrowed down my list to:

1. StopTech floating

2. GiroDisc floating

3. Tarox F2000

4. DBA – floating

5. EBC – floating

As StopTech was not available in Europe and GiroDisc did not have a rear set, I discarded them. I was left with Tarox, DBA, and EBC. Reading a bit more and not looking the design of the Tarox these went away. I was left with DBA and EBC. The EBC I was looking at did not have a rear set so I chose DBA. I did some additional research and I pulled the trigger.

I went on the DBA website, I found my rear rotors but Front Rotors were out of stock. I looked around and found a shop, Amber Performance. They did not mention any stock issue so I pulled the trigger. The day I made the order I received a confirmation from DBA that my rotors are not in stock and they have to be shipped from Australia. They kept their word and even with wildfires, my rotors were built on the 8th of January 2020 and in my house in 4 days after a quick stop by Poland where the Europe HQ for DBA is situated.

Amber performance on the other hand were not what I expected. They needed constant follow-ups for them to tell me stuff that was not true. I knew the discs were shipped to Amber performance as the guy from DBA Poland told me they distribute in Europe. My rotors were built on the 8th of January 2020 and shipped to Amber Performance at mid-January and these guys sent them to me at the end of January. One thing is for certain, I will not order from them again. One time they told me the rotors are on the road for two days but could not give me a tracking number and then when I finally got one they were in the warehouse.

When I finally got the 22 kg package, the DBA boxes were busted on both rotors. They were quickly patched with tape. This never happened with my rear rotors.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Viewing 46 post (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 2 years old but still fearsome!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!