20th Feb- Sun’s out at last lets get cleaning – What do I need?

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing 20th Feb- Sun’s out at last lets get cleaning – What do I need?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

So Mrs says this weekend the weather meant to be decent, that just means one thing for me….Cleaning time at last and start looking forward to the summer πŸ™‚ As I sit here I see next Friday coming with a little more clarity on lockdown and a weekend of cleaning πŸ™‚

So mine is filthily but also suffering from bad swirl marks and up close just not that clean if you know what I mean, tar spots etc. Ideally I would like to spend a bit getting it done professionally and likely will in summer however I have a Duel Action Polisher that I brought but never used and a shelf of cleaning products so if I am going to pay someone anyway I hope that I can’t make it much worse so give it a crack this weekend…if not with the machine def by hand.

Will start with a good clean/clay etc

Anyone got any advice as to what heads to use on the DA Polisher?

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

the head will depend on the polish you plan on using. What heads have you got?

if in doubt, start with the softest head and move harder if it isnt cutting.

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t have any really, it come with some black and yellow if my memory is correct and a fluffy one πŸ™‚ but think I’m better getting some new ones.

I have some g3 I think in garage or some Meguiers compound.

then poor boys polish

dodo juice hard wax

that was my kind of plan but looking at slims detailing now lol

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

you should really use iron-out/fallout, then de-tar and then claybar anything that remains before you polish.

you are going to have to read the instructions on the polish and start with the product that has least cut.

Forensic Detailer has some good videos too

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I have a dual action Maguires machine and use the medium and fine pads, but I have also used the G3 product which is a medium cut product. My car has not moved since the end of November but I put it away clean although a little dust here and there the discs are still bright and shiny with no rust. I can understand you cleaning if its dirty but for me its still about a month early. Mine will be put back on the road in April. Don’t think there will be any meetings anytime soon.

Coastliner

• This reply was modified 3 years, 2 months ago by coastliner.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 20th Feb- Sun’s out at last lets get cleaning – What do I need?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!