24 hours so far with headlights left on…

Home Forums General Non RS Chat 24 hours so far with headlights left on…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

over the road from a mates house someone left their lights on about 8pm Friday, they were on all night and all day today, and still burn brightly! the lenses are warm, dashboard lights on and instrument panel says “no key detected in car”  these new bulbs must draw a real small current from the battery to last that long, will they be on all weekend??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

What a bummer.
    cars are so clever now.
    even our tyre pressure sensors know when the car isn’t being used.
    but there nothing to protect the battery from an obvious oversight

why would anyone need their headlights on for so long?

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

It’s amazing alright, that the lights are still burning brightly… what intrigues me is the key not found message on the dashboard!

I would guess that the car has been stolen with a signal repeater and they’ve pulled over and stalled it. The car wouldn’t start again due to no actual key.

The ignition must be on for the dipped beam to be burning, I bet the doors are unlocked and it’s a stolen abandoned car.

Report it to the police.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

srea , Ive just been round to mates as doing a job for him and the car is RUNNING !!, theres a puddle of dampness and the tailpipe is dripping, so the car must sense when the battery is getting low and then start up and recharge the battery !! ( the Focus does that if you are in heavy non moving traffic with the city stop/start switched on too )  The tail lights are now off and it seems to only have daylight running front lights on, so maybe it puts all the others on when it gets dark like auto lights on Focus ?

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

If that was by me, it would either be parted out by now or have a whole new identity 🤣

@71-bda
    have you checked if the owner has not been stuffed in the boot?? 🤣🤣

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@bda, very strange

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

the doors are locked and there are no personal possessions at all in the car, I wonder how long its going to take to empty the fuel tank ! I bet its some dopey Doris from around the corner, apparently loads of folk from the next road park there when its full round theirs. Gareth, theres no muffled screams from the boot area when I went up and tapped on it and said ” hello in there” !!

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Quick joyride, rack up some congestion charges and park it up again.</p>

440bhp

443lbft

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@71-bda maybe they were shot rolled up in a carpet, had their feet cut off and neatly put in the boot?? 🤣🤣

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Might have been started with a remote start app, easy done if your a techno bellend

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@GM would have to be rolled up in a mat, boot not big enough for a carpet, but I like your reasoning 😂

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I bet its auto stop/start………..owner parks up, faffs about a bit inside and the car engine goes into “stop” mode. Person gets out, walks away and locks car with remote. Car gives a strange warning beep signalling that it is not switched off and owner things “Hmmm, that is strange….never mind, i will ignore that”

Ask me how i know………….

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tall Paul 🤣🤣

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

update !  Mate found out it was an ex-policeman who is now a “trade plate driver” who delivers cars to and from auctions, left it there Friday evening and  drove off this morning apparently without the foggiest idea that it had been constantly starting up by itself and that the lights had been on over 60 hours !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 24 hours so far with headlights left on…. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!