2nd Gear Crunching

Home Forums Performance Transmission 2nd Gear Crunching

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

Is anyone else getting an issue with the gear crunching/grinding when putting the car into 2nd gear at low speeds? I’ve had the car a week and it has happened 5 times, unsure if it’s just me not putting it in gear properly but a little worried! Only 2000 miles on the car so I’m also wondering if it needs time to bed in?!

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Take it to the dealer

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Mine does it in 6th. Gonna try the shifter cable trick and if that fails mention it to the dealer. Not sure if the box is jusy a bit tight though when its cold which could also be the case with yours

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@rsdave what’s the shifter cable trick? Is there a way if we can check where the cables are all in place so to speak?

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Mines done it a couple of times ,newness me thinks

Former RS Edition owner

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Nope, just back after a ride out and it doesn’t do it on mine, as said above get it checked out just to be on the safe side.

Honorary Member

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

NO problems either ford always known for slick gear changes and reliability take it back to the dealership something quite simple maybe to put right ?

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

@masrs

You put the car in neutral, unclip the shifter cable which is under the airbox. Put the car in 4th and then clip the shifter cable in. Apparently it helps but some apparently use motul dct aswell to loosen up the box a bit. I’m gonna give it a try myself before my car goes in to be pressure tested

masrs
    Participant

UK - England

@RSDave thanks. Seems quite a lot of work to check if you have to pull out the airbox!

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Only takes 30 mins tops and it sorted it out for me shifts are bolt action precise

mrdream169uk
    Participant

UK - England

My 2017 ST did this but my RS doesn’t

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

Ive had my RS for a couple of weeks now, its done 8k but I’m finding its not going into 4th gear very easily at times, having to sort of double press the clutch?

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

mines been mint for the first 3000 miles, BUT.. I did notice one slight notch in a gear selection in the first mile or so when it was like minus 1c, so be careful with it when its cold and the gearbox oil is gloopy

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 2nd Gear Crunching. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!