A Warning – 128gb Micro SD for Blackvue Dashcam

Home Forums Technology Security A Warning – 128gb Micro SD for Blackvue Dashcam

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

johnny10hands
    Participant

UK - England

Brilliant Dashcam but a bit pissed off with getting caught out on getting a 128gb micro SD direct from Blackvue.

The UK Blackvue shop only goes up to 64gb and as I have a big trip to Scotland coming up I thought I’d go for the max that the DR650S could support (128gb). These are available on the main blackvue.com website with price in dollars but option to pay via paypal

You cant stick a bog standard one in, and the latest super fast cards can be problematic. So after trying a 64gb class 1 Delkin one, I had lying around and failing with dashcam kept restarting and missing recorded sections, I bit the bullet and bought one direct from Blackvue.com. Their not cheap at 89USD and shipping at 24.72USD via DHL but just received a text from DHL saying your shipping is on its way, and you owe us £28.75 for importation charges! Bastards!

So be warned. (as I didnt read the small print on the Blackvue website that states you are responsible for any importation taxes). But to be fair shipping a micro SD that weighs about the same as a bulimic housefly for 24.72USD is very expensive (unless shipped via Mars) and I had incorrectly assumed that at that price, all the bells & whistles would be included.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

I can get 128 from uk BlackVue

Timb071
    Participant

UK - England

I ended up just getting a 64GB Transcend one from Amazon. It was about £55 but reading all the reviews about getting the right type of card this one was recommended…

Transcend 64GB high endurance microSD. Class 10 and it has the MLC type..

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

How much 128 GB from Blackvue?

is it because you are installer of product

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

All the Yank Blackvue owners are recommending this…

J J
    Participant

United Kingdom

Chris do you have any offers on for the Blackvue 750 2 channel ? I want two or three fitted in north Bristol area . Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to A Warning – 128gb Micro SD for Blackvue Dashcam. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!