Acceleration help

Home Forums Performance Engine Acceleration help

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Morning people, hope someone can help, or more importantly, reassure me. Car is a 2016, 11000miles, serviced by Ford, yesterday took it out, always warmed up, for a 2hr drive, near the end of the journey decided to open her up a bit, round the roundabout in 2nd about 2500rpm, on exit floored it a little, car took off for a split second then felt like power had gone, felt like releasing the accelerator pedal, bit of a nose dive but with the pedal still pressed, I released immediately, wondering WTF WAS THAT?! All gauges in their correct/normal  positions. Was near to home so drove normally and it seemed fine, put it back in the garage, half hr later went into garage and it stank of a burning/burnt rubber smell, has anyone experienced this before?

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

woooh. maybe have a look down the back of engine and check no small rubber hose or something has come off and is getting friendly with the downpipe/turbo sort of area??

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Have you ran it on boost since it did this? If it does it again check turbo hoses etc in case something has come loose.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

To be honest if it was in totally standard mode its fine mine does this all the time!

Dont forget when it is in drift mode because it wont hold back hahaha!

Burning rubber smell if been driven hard absolutely 😎

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

I’ll have a run out this weekend to check all the above, not long after I did give the pedal a bit of a press and the boost gauge move but  I let off straight away in case anything serious WAS wrong, there was no additional noises when it happened first time, will try to have a look down back of engine later, cheers guys.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Normal mode, did traction control kick in for a brief second but u missed the light on dashboard?

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

It does not take alot for traction control to come in.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Acceleration help. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!