Adding Amps and speakers to my MK 3 Focus RS

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Adding Amps and speakers to my MK 3 Focus RS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

Hi, Im hoping to shed some light on problems I have come across with upgrading my RS sound system, I have replaced the front and real speakers with a mix of Rockford Fosgate and Alpine mid’s and tweets, and added amps to go with each set, Ill post full details later, but have come across a few problems.

Firstly when I stop ( at traffic light or junctions ) the speaker feed stops, also does this when you first start the car, and only plays music when I move.

I noticed when removing the old speaker that the front mid’s was 2 ohm and the rears are 4 ohm, also they have a very strange setup of capacitors to stop a lot of frequencies, a lot more than you would usually find, does anyone know why? I’m guessing its to block frequencies that would interfere with the exhaust sound.

I am using a Audio Control LC6i to convert the speaker signal for the amps, this has a auto detect feature for the amp turn on, has anyone else fitted a amp to there RS?, if so where did you take a remote amp on signal from? it could be this that’s stopping the amp’s working when the car stops.

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Factory amp turn on yellow and purple

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Chris 🙂  Do you know the best location to find the yellow and purple wire? Is it behind the head unit or all ready in the boot?

Thanks so much for the Ghost fitting, no problems with it at all and totally got used to the buttons before starting the car after a few mishaps, its easier to use than I thought 🙂

Kind Regards

Karl.

oldbloke
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like you’ve wired them to the brake lights

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

Should be pin 18 of black 26 way plug behind radio

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

LOL

Power is direct from the battery using 0 gage to the boot, earth is fixed to the seat belt clamp. speaker wires are feed to the Audio Control LC6i and then converted to RCA outputs for the amps. Then the Amp speaker outputs are run back to the doors. the LC6i should auto detect that music is playing and turn on the amps but I think this is the issue. Will see if using a dedicated remote on lead will resolve the problem.

Apart from that,the sound is now so much better, crystal clear apart from the fake engine noise!

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

Great, will run a wire from the head unit to the Audio Control later this week, thanks Chris 🙂

Have you fitted a Audison bit ten to your’s yet? Do you think this will be a better way to go than the Audio Control LC6i?

Chris Preston
    Participant

UK - England

I haven’t done anything to mine yet due to not having any time !

Pheonix Gold and Focal both have new processors coming to market, so will probably use one of them instead of the audison

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris, hope ur well, which Pg product do you mean? Amppro?

Dave;)

wcuk2005
    Participant

UK - England

Iv also looked into the Rockford Fosgate 3sixty.3 and Rainbow DSP1.8, both seem very similar, I do like the way the Rainbow can be controlled via ipad or iphone. The sound system defo needs a processor for the de-equalisation feature, it sounds worse at the moment than ever.

Also my sync3 system did not have the yellow and purple wire on the 26 pin plug, mine was blank .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Adding Amps and speakers to my MK 3 Focus RS. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!