Aem wmi experience

Home Forums Performance Fuel Aem wmi experience

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • Author

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

Where\how was the failsafe hooked up, thats import to understand

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

With the diagrams below, say the shaft failed in the pump so pump turning… Controller still giving voltage and current to pump how does the AEM system detect theres no flow? (as you pump is running but you have no flow) With the Aquamist Flow sensor cuts your boost and gives you fault indication on display.

Second fault (and the one that killed my mates motor) pump running but faulty and not flowing nowhere near where it should, or what it was tuned to… so basically running the same scenario as giving it full beans with real shit fuel. With the Aquamist system flow falls below set point cuts your boost and lets you know on the display.

AEM monitor the 5 points below, Every part of the Aquamist system is monitored hence the difference in price. Turbine sensors are also real good if it fails system will know as you will not get a flow reference.

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

right but where did he have the green failsafe wire connected to

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

late in getting back to this party!
    yes all the pumps are the same well from the same manufacturer however the aquamist pump is different, they have x2 pumps both of which have interchangeable compression fittings on the pump heads , snow, AEM,devils own, cooling mist, cool boost etc all have push fit connectors for 1/4” pipe

push fits are sloppy they leak they have a tendency to pop off too which is not good,actually happens more often than you think.

<p style=”text-align: left;”>I’ve said it before and I’m sure il say it again AEM is a great starter kit to get you into meth and it’s understanding however the reliability and uncertainty is not great. Also nozzles are limited and expensive and user interface is crap.

</p>
    when running meth yes you can run it with no failsafes but I do not advise anyone to do that personally I have to have all the failsafes and visual aids to help me monitor what’s going on and have the peace of mind I won’t loose my motor because of a kit that has a history of failures.

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

different because it has interchangeable fittings on the head?

Open the pumps up you’ll likely find theyre all the same inside

So does the aquamist not use push fit connectors on any of the hose connections then?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Aquamist, they used to as mine had them but that was some years ago. Current kits I have no idea.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2, Reading the hfs4 manual it states

HFS4 manual

It is very important that the hose is cut cleanly. It is also vital that the hose is cut perpendicular /square relative to its length. This is because the compression fitting has a short hosetail. An accurate cut will allow full grip on the walls of the hose.

this is the same as the aem instructions, if you don’t cut the hose properly and insert fully into the compression fitting it is liable to pop out, common sense really.

like I said there are 1000s upon 1000s of these kits in use in the USA with no issues, 99% of issues with these kits are due to poor\shoddy fitting.

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Yes exactly, as i said different as has interchangeable fittings on the pump head unlike the others as they are push fit.

again the pumps are all made by the same company

aqaumist pumps have x2 pumps 1 being the same as the snow devils etc etc etc (bar the fittings)but they are set at 160 psi not the same . Devils snow etc all set at 200 psi.

doesn’t really matter how you cut the pipe on push fit they have a tendency to come out most common places are pump head or nozzle in engine bay 100% not a connection to be relied upon on high power cars

I have a friend that has been running meth for the last 15 years on his various cars and agrees compression is the only way to go for peace of mine and reliablity for leaks etc

there are 1000,s of kits everywhere not just the states this isn’t new technology your not looking in the right places, people who have a good amount of meth experiance dont use aem really as they all have issues and the kit is so basic it doesnt serve its purpose until you start adding failsafes i mean the kits dont even come with filters thats how billy basic it is

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

The second pump being high flow 3000cc

aquamist pumps run at lower psi beacuse they have a much wider range of nozzles

you can increase the pump pressure on all of the pumps i believe  up to a max of 280 psi

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Yes perry they use some push fit connections mainly the same ones used for potable water (plumbing so no they dont leak) 4mm push fit for tank venting or you can get a 6mm right angle push fit these will be superceeded soon as they have designed thier own 6mm compression 90 deg fitting

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Yea they used to use push fit connectors about 10years ago , once They found they leaked they leaked they stopped using them

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

The failsafe was connected 100% correct, your missing  the point AEM fail safe will only trigger with the point 1-5 in the table above…. AEM does not ensure your actually getting flow, if a pipe / connection was to fail on the AEM the failsafe would not operate!

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

@GM

where\how was it connected

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Perry Whittle the fail safe will only operate under the 5 conditions of the above table with the AEM, The AEM system has no flow sensor. Therefore giving you no feed back that the system is actually working. This is the major difference in both systems, your totally missing the point having the failsafe connected 100% correct with AEM will not protected you from

1. Pump shaft failure
    2. Poor performance of pump
    3. Pipe off anywhere in the system

It has no way of monitoring, the fail safe output is literally an output from the controller. Below is the situations or scenarios that will produce a fail safe output from the AEM system, faults listed above will not give an output. If your fault is outside the 5 points below, you have no protection.

pezzar666
    Participant

UK - England

Still same question, where\how was it connected?🤔

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Aem wmi experience. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!