Aftermarket audio upgrade

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Aftermarket audio upgrade

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • Author

wOrkman
    Participant

UK - England

Hello..I want to install a quality sound system without disrupting the originality of my car. My vehicle is 2017 model and there are 9 speakers with SYNC3 system. I’m not happy with the sound system. I live in turkey. Turkey has a total of 6 “MK3-RS” available. The engine volume is higher than 1600cc and the tax is too high. I want to equip my vehicle with a good sound system, regardless of the cost, for a very high fee. I can’t wait to see the sample work of friends in the form.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I dont think a lot of folk bother upgrading the sound system, I think they prefer tuning the car, changing the wheels and maybe fitting louder exhausts, I used to love a good car sound system, but now I hardly ever crank it up and prefer the sound the car makes !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

On a long motorway run I tend to turn off the FENG and listen to the music/radio. I do miss the sound quality I used to enjoy in my previous cars. So I’m looking at spending around 600 to uprate the 4 front speakers and install an amp, maintaining the OEM look. Not bothered about the sub.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@RS77

JBL MS-8 OEM DSP System Integrator £599

http://www.caraudiodirect.co.uk/jbl-ms-8-oem-dsp-system-integrator

I know their are thousands of options, it’s just a thought.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

paul-m
    Participant

UK - England

This looks interesting white-rs2, might be just the thing for me.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

RS already has a DSP to try and rescue using cheap kit, adding more will help ????

I work on the “crap in crap out” principle, plus it has poor speakers.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Bumping this thread….  After  a 2.5 hour drive where both the wife and I turned the stereo up, only to turn off again because it sounds shite I’m looking for components to order.

Home HiFi is my thing, not car versions, so I’m brand dumb.   What kit should I look for want to have something fits as Ford OEM kit does, so invisible upgrade.

I see a Pioneer speaker kit , and Alpine kit for around 100 for the front, is that too cheap?  I will do rear as well.

Plus I read I should add a Power amp, Alpine again pops up in searches.

While the door is stripped down I’ll add some sound deadening and perhaps fit the door edge protectors.

Where’s the best place to order from in the UK ?

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Steve, just completed my “budget” audio install. Included Focal Flax components on front and back doors with a Kicker Key DSP amp under the front passenger seat.

Took some time as I wanted to source the bits mostly from Ebay, as and when offers came up.

Last part of the puzzle was the sub and amp:-

Cost was around £800, with vastly improved sound.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Focal is a brand I know from indoors….    do they need special mounts or cutting to fit?   With new tweeters?  What part numbers are they?

How does the DSP/amp hook up, speaker outputs from the head unit? Is it too big to go under dash mount?

Did you run new speaker leads in?

Time for a google session ?

Cheers

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

A lot of questions there, but here goes.

Both front and rear main speakers are 6.5inch. Any generic replacements need an adaptor ring mounts, unless the originals are canabalised to use as mounts. Any new tweeters will also need a slight adaptation to fit.

Standard speakers do not have any kind of cross-overs so fitting one as part of a kit brings an immediate improvement.

Existing speaker wires should be ok up to 75 watts per channel.

I preferred the amp fitted under the seats to allow for access so i could make any adjustments. Amp installed using a dedicated harness so that no wires required cutting. Also a good idea to take a remote “turn-on” wire as some amps require this to activate.

Photos to follow to show specs of replacements I used.

Hope this helps and happy to meet up so I  can demo.

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Aftermarket audio upgrade. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!