Airtec induction

Home Forums Performance General Airtec induction

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

I’m considering getting the stage 3 induction from airtec, I currently have a mountune drop in filter (still have the standard cross over pipe). The airtec looks great IMO just wondering how much difference in noise will there be? Anyone have the airtec one fitted?

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Swapped mine for Mountune as didnt like the noise on low revs, sounded awful to me… best go to a show and get someone to demo

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers al-b. There were a fair few mk3’s at the croft show last weekend but the weather wasn’t the greatest to be getting demos etc 🙈. Unfortunately I can’t find much on line either regards to the noise of it.

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

No worries buddy… It’s just my opinion and you might like it but wasn’t for me…. Get to SCITP at Newby Hall tomorrow, you never know! If it’s the look you are after as well then go for the full Mountune, if you have NB they look good done in blue as well 😬

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Not just the looks but a bit extra noise too. Something a little ott if you get me. Will see what the Mrs has planned in regards to newby hall, she might have me lined up for a few odd jobs 🤣.

If you don’t mind me asking what kind of noise at low revs, if its possible to describe it that is. I had an open cone filter on my mk2 St and I though that sounded the nuts 😅  though it did make some weird noises when tootling about

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Take her with you, day out and do jobs tomorrow when it’s raining so if outside they will be cancelled 😬

It’s hard to describe and sure loads on here love it but to me it was annoying… sounds like you won’t mind if you weren’t bothered ref ST sounds… if you want OTT why don’t you look at Mishimoto?

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

I’ll have a look around see what others are offering. I didn’t go to newby hall, gave the rs a bath. Started with a little wash but quickly became a hand polish then wax, 3-4 hrs later…🤣

Ian Barker
    Participant

United Kingdom

Fully forged running M400x

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Good luck Marty and worth taking the time to get what you want..

Newby Hall was great and of the 1,400 cars there was a good few Mk3 RS on display including mine 😬 also Aire Valley RSOC had good numbers in attendance..

Cruised back to Leeds with a Mk1 we saw on the A1 👍🏻

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Marty , mountune have a 15% sale on at moment give them a gander, may be able to pick induction kit up from them , only snag is you’ve got till midnight. Good luck 👍👍👍

marty_rs
    Participant

UK - England

Yeh I’ve had a look at all offerings and decided to go for the airtec stage 3 through a&k motorsport. I have a mountune drop in filter currently but will be selling that. If only they had the breather plate in stock I’d take advantage of the 15% lol.

I looked a great day from the photos I’ve seen. Definitely one to put in the calendar for next time I think.

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Nice one Marty… yep we got the weather as was red hot!

highlight for me is where the exhibitors leave the ground.. all crowds line up either side and then you can boot it, felt like I was on start of a rally stage… 🤣 few pops and bangs on approach and then launch mode after cattle grid! Shame I was upstaged by the R8 right behind me… doh!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Airtec induction. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!