'And' or 'Or'

Home Forums Technology Security 'And' or 'Or'

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

Not surprisingly, after my Fanny has been at the hands of another bloke I’m going down the road of Ghost AND Tracker cat5.

What’s your opinion: should it be Ghost AND Tracker Cat5. Or one or the other? Yes, I know they do different jobs, I just wanted your thoughts.

13 days and counting till she comes home… tick, tock, tick, tock…

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

…and apologies in advance: the closer we get to ‘Fanny Day’,the more I’m likely to post as my Fanny excitement increases: I’m just a fickle bloke after all!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Hey, its only to be expected, fully understand what it must be like to go without fanny for such a ling time !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Andrew, personally I’d go for both given what you’ve been through with your fanny. Question, is it possible for you to put up a security light over or where you park, just a thought ?

Honorary Member

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Go both if it’s possible. I think Ghost is the better choice if you only go for one though

440bhp

443lbft

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

IF  you can afford it – both and the disklok on top as a simple visual deterrent…

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Andrew, go for as much security as you can afford, with a steering big wheel lock as well. Fanny needs protecting as you certainly don’t want to go through that again. The more layers of security you have the better.

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Such deprivation must be almost unbearable.

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Having CAT-7  tracker fitted tuesday not because i,d want the car back if it was stolen but to keep my insurance down,Quotes on compare the meekat  are between £750-£840 for a standard car with G**** fitted as well ,These quotes are ridiculous as i have 9+ years no claims and a clean license and i don,t live on Moss-side or in a ghetto (init).With tracker fitted should take my premium down to £500 ish with protected ncb.Price of tracker is £399 including 1st year subscription so it could pay for it,s self in a couple of years.

Former RS Edition owner

Andrew
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for your reply all – much appreciated.

@Bobcat
    – I have learned a lot through this experience:  we live in a quiet culture-de-sac so never thought we would be at risk (niaive or what).  We have had the security lights fitted, new locks on the doors all round 9and then some).

She who must be obeyed said both Ghost & Teacher have to be fitted.  I’m looking to have Fanny much into my old age so need think about security in the long term.

I’m just about to start my 5th decade on this planet (my head feels like i’m starting the 3rd!) and reflecting on life etc etc.  The blue oval, the stunning colour of Nitrous Blue, the RS badge, the feeling of driving something special.  None of this has left me in the last 2 and bit years since Fanny came home.

I very much hope my descendants end up humming and ahhhhing  when i pop my clogs and they open the garage door to see Fanny in all her glory!

Long live Fanny!!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Andrew,  hope you have a joyous reunion when Fanny comes home?

Honorary Member

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

you can’t beat a glorious bit of fanny in your garage.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@Andrew, enjoy getting her back. I hope you smile every time you see Fanny and even more when you’re behind the wheel. ??

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Nice bit of fanny all locked up in a garage for you to enjoy anytime you like. Sounds like heaven.

440bhp

443lbft

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep, both. I got Chris to do them together and took the advantage of the offer on at the time, with lifetime sub paid up front.  Also add smart water marking to house and car.

On the house apply laminate film to the windows to prevent breaking/smashing. New doors if they old style UPVC as some have panels you can kick in easily.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to 'And' or 'Or'. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!