Another Lockdown Coming

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Another Lockdown Coming

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • Author

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi folks not being a doom and gloom merchant BUT who else thinks another lockdown is going to happen. IMO and I stress I have no inside information but it’s looking likely that by the 28th October (half term) there’ll be a national lockdown. I really hope that it doesn’t happen.

Honorary Member

• This topic was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by bobcat.

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

I hope not as due to go on holiday that week.

Who knows what the government has planned but another lock down does not make the problem dissappear.

All I will say on the subject is that if people followed the rules there would be no need for another lock down. Unfortunately there are to many retards loose in society.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone, I hope so too, but listening to the “Scientist” the Governments puppets and the ministers over the last few days the writing is on the wall oh and the students will be to blame 🙀

Honorary Member

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Just a matter of time! worrying thing, last time i only knew one person in 21 factories we do work for. Now 6-10 at least in every one or them being affected because their children have tested positive. ☹️ Been a missive issue round here with pubs and its not just the young!

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

@turbo-tone

I agree with your last comment too many retards loose. On the 11th July we went to ST Ives Cornwall for 10days. In the Town bit they had stencilled the pavement with overhead banners and signage to indicate a one way system ie walk on the left footpath going down and also keep left on return. About 25% were adhering to the rules and the rest were walking wherever they wanted, the street Marshalls were just ignoring the people who were not  sticking to the system. And that’s how it is everywhere. So it’s the old adage everyone’s agrees with the law until it applies to them.

Coastliner

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

It will be interesting to hear the prime minister tonight just to listen and hear the next set measures, and will this lead us to another lockdown 😼 I do hope not can’t cope with panic buying again.

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner

We were in the lakes a few weeks back and anyone who knows Grassmere will tell you how narrow it is. Idiots just barge past you, head for your kids and expect them to move. People in this country (and others) simply can not be trusted. Hence why the government tries to control people.

It’s like one of our neighbours lads (about 19-20) never stayed in during lock down. Always out with his mates, coming and going at all hours yet his parents are to thick to tell him. If that was one of my lads they would have had a slap.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

stuartditchburn
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Down in Derbyshire at the moment, keeping ourselves too ourselves as much as possible.  In Ashby-De-La-Zouch yesterday, a few people abiding be the distancing and wearing masks and a few carrying on as per normal with no social distancing.  People seem to have had enough and are now just wanting to get on, added restrictions country wide apart from SE and London areas also annoying people I think.  Economically I doubt if there will be another total lockdown, I am a Postie and this is my first break in eleven months, worked right through lockdown with Christmas levels of packets and parcels every single day.  People are still spending and attempting to go about as normally as they can,  but there are also a lot of people suffering  with unemployment and very little too live on.   I just count myself as fortunate, I am as likely as the next man to contract COVID-19 but I am a believer that this will be like the flu and we will have to learn too live with it.   I live in the Shetland Islands, we too have had another resurgence after our last case on 24th April.  Stay safe folks and abide by the rules and look after your families and especially your RS!!!!

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@stuart, well done you a key worker indeed enjoy your holiday. I hope you are right about there not being another total lockdown 👍

Honorary Member

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I don’t think it will be a full lock down as the economy will not be able to handle it 🙁

I just think it will be stricter measures for a few weeks to try and stop the spread.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Kenny, stricter measures would be good if all/most of the people abide by them. Like @stuart, you are right.

Honorary Member

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

As is widely know, a person is clever, but people are as thick as sh1t. Had the population abided fully by the first lockdown, the virus would have died out in under a month. Its the same people that will prevent any further measures working now, that prevented it from working in the first place and it will be the same people trying to drink a full nights worth of booze before the 10pm curfew (they will just start earlier!).

Whilst I am frustrated that I am having to live by a set of rules put in place by the lowest/stupidest common denominator, I will continue to support this as at the end of the day, unless we take the Swedish approach, it the the route that has been chosen. Whatever the government do, they will get it wrong – but only because ‘in hindsight’ people will demonstrate where it went wrong. Reading the daily rags, there are ‘experts’ predicting every possible outcome from a splash in the pan to a full apocalypse, so at least one of these will stand up and state ‘I told you so’ in the coming months.

Not had a holiday for two years (got cancelled this year), so I am just looking forward to the after party. Everyone is invited – just bring a bottle.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Another Lockdown Coming. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!