Another Newbie

Home Forums General Newbie Another Newbie

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Cartman
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all, I’ve just joined after having my RS for a few months now. It’s has a few interior tweaks, just had a Remap and awaiting a scorpion exhaust for a bit more noise.  I’d like to do something about the shocks which I’d guess are standard as it’s on 42k now, when you push it it bounces around to much for me even in normal mode.. I am in the sunny East Midlands. 😎

Smudger068
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Nick. Welcome to the forum!

Glad you are enjoying the car but don’t swap out the shocks just yet until you have yourself a DSC Module. Its like a remap for the suspension system. Definitely a must regardless. I do have one of these on my car BTW. A few second hand ones pop up every now again.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome 👍

Honorary Member

Cartman
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Bobcat – Smudger068, I’d not heard of the DSC controller swap, thanks for that, that’ll be next to add on to the shopping list, I’ll be scouring eBay and the forums 😝

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Welcome 👍

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

A warm welcome 😊

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Hi and welcome.

Coastliner

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Hi ya, what map u gone for, we love to hear about experiences 👍that way we all learn

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome along

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Hi & welcome buddy 👍👍

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Enjoy your stay and the company!

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome 🙂

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome 👍

NB FPM375

Cartman
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks again for all the hello’s… I got my remap from remap kings, it’s a one time permanent non switchable map. Only took 30 mins via the odbii port and claims +51hp and 81nm torque.  I’ve used the company 3 times now on a couple of Minis JCW and Cooper S’s and have been really impressed with the performance gains and the service from the company. Price was £434 but there’s usually a summer /winter /spring sale on via the website giving £100 off.  I’ve only driven 20 miles with the remap so early days. I don’t think the initial pull away from standing is noticeable different but definitely pushes you back in the seat more if you give the beans once it’s doing 3500 – 4000 rpm, regardless of driving mode. I’ve spent the last of the kids inheritance on a scorpion exhaust as it’s too quiet with a standard Ford pipe, I’ve already got a J9 exhaust valve controller so looking forward to getting it all fitted and working. I would be very interested if anyone got options on the DSC controller mentioned above, I’ve seen them for £916 on line but it’s out of my budget at the moment- if anyone is swapping cars and has a 2nd one? I know it will be as rare as rocking horse droppings. 😝

Nateodog
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome

SABRE

666.6 bhp 99 oct & wmi

558 lbft

OEMeth installs

Aquamist

sabre tuning

Spec-R

J9-performance

funk motorsport

Hel

Owen developments

WP Pro brakes

HELIX Automotive

KW suspensions

Barney Build

Grant Motorsport

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Another Newbie. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!