Another Scottish newbie!

Home Forums General Newbie Another Scottish newbie!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

hey all, enjoyed reading the posts so far, went for a test drive of a nitrous blue RS yesterday.. Deposit paid today! Due to arrive before my wedding in April and opted for everything bar the sunroof, active city stop start and door protectors… Can’t wait!

will undoubtedly start buying the odd bits before the car comes as you do! ?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Welcome!

Where is Scotland are you from? Where did you test drive?

You are lucky getting quite a quick delivery as other dealers still stating 1 years waiting list.

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hey Kenny thanks! Been a few years since I used a forum or actually got excited about a new car haha. I’m from Falkirk, ordered from people’s Edinburgh! Coming from a jaguar xfs which the wife will be driving once the new toy comes! ?

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome Muz1990 – I’m pretty close to Falkirk and pick mines up this afternoon from Macrae & Dick in Perth. Looking forward to it!

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Cheers David!, you’ll have had a restless nights sleep last night no doubt after all the waiting haha. I live pretty much behind the kelpies and I work in Edinburgh so il no doubt pass a few members on my daily commute at some point haha.

Youll need to post pictures once you’ve had a good drive! What spec have you ordered?!

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Hi Muz, nice to see more Scottish lads on here. Ordered my car from same dealership as yourself, many moons ago used to work occasionally work in  a small car accessory shop in Falkirk .

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Likewise mate! Only gripe my other half has had about the new car is she doesn’t want to see a load of blue focus rs’s in the area when we get ours… I’m Still not changing it to grey haha. Where did you work? I’m in the motor trade myself but I work in Edinburgh

stuart cameron
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Ordered blue also but nowhere near you so she’ll be fine 🙂 .Mine  wants me to cancel so trying everything to keep her on-side, i’m afraid its the wait, knew on order day it was going to be a year which she finds unacceptable and what with having a couple of projected build months come and go it only strengthens her feelings on the matter but last update still shows Nov build and hopefully that means about Xmas time for delivery.

Used to work with Car User which towards the end of our company became Motorworld had a shop in the town centre think it was up about Howgate, main competitor were Skidz if memory serves correctly. Now work over in Islay in the whisky industry,  so  far to my knowledge i’m only person on the Island that has one on order looking fwd to a blast round the single tracks and a nice long 8 mile straight all be it built on top of the peat bogs.

Ordered a few wee bits n bobs already, got some seatcovers from Capital seating ( daily driver and a dirty job don’t go well) , dmb graphics, spare alloy n tyre ( through Stevie) and took advantage of the group buy on the Disklok and now the Ghost System.

Its a great group and lot of good info and offers come from it.

CheeRS

Stuart

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Blue I’m afraid Muz – but I work in the west. Just leaving shortly to pick up the car (NB, CS, Lux, painted calipers, nav).

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So picked the RS up this afternoon – and it almost went ok…

Paint defect on the A pillar, scratched plastic on the rear passenger door, and despite me telling them not to drill the front bumper for the plates (even providing the Velcro), they still drilled it.

But I kept it together, didn’t lose the plot, but they will all be getting rectified!

Then had a great drive home ?

Muz1990
    Participant

UK - Scotland

See, we weren’t looking for a new car Stuart I just went out fancied a drive and ended up ordering one after asking if I’m aloud too first as you do haha. The waits going to be awful, been a few years since I had a hot hatch and my last fun car was a TTRS I never used often due to a 80ish mile commute to work at the time and I had use of a cheaper car!
    David, can’t wait to see some pictures mate! And with us fellas all being reasonably local ill be keeping an eye out for you on the road! Glad they’re fixing the small issues and it’s also good to hear what they are for other buyers

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Car is going to the detailer at the weekend – will get some pictures up then. I didn’t get the dealer to clean it at all to avoid any unnecessary damage, so it looks pretty rank just now.

Almost 200 miles done already ?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Any Scottish members interested in a Paint Protection Film group buy like this one?

https://mk3focusrs.club/forum/topic/paint-protection-film-dub-customspocketrockets/

thommo141
    Participant

UK - Scotland

hi guys i am also from falkirk and have a nitrous blue on order as well hopefully coming within the next few months, have only seen 1 blue in falkirk but looks like there will be a few more shortly

djc1969
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Welcome Grant – I think there is a NB in Larbert, one in Banknock, a Magnetic in Bonnybridge and my NB in Denny. Getting a little more “common” now! ?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Another Scottish newbie!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!