Any interest on a new damper package?

Home Forums Performance Handling Any interest on a new damper package?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

I would like to gauge peoples interest in a new damper for the RS.   Normally packages come with springs and height adjustment and other bits and bobs,  equals very good,  but expensive !

Would people be interested in just new dampers?

They would require the DSC module to work. They hence would be fully active and with the far bigger range than the OEM or KW based dampers and have all the normal advantages of Tractive set up.

It would be fixed at height, based on springs fitted. Choice of springs would be up to the owner, from the OEM ones to another brand of your choice you may already have fitted to the car ie Mountune etc.

The point would be to have a more basic package at something a bit more affordable.  What sort of price would people find acceptable?  These would still be a top spec/high end product.  (no need for silly low suggestions).

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Nope from me !! ( but you knew that already!!)

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

@9designs Good idea is that, I for one am very interested.  As for price, it needs to be competitive with what’s on the market, difficult to say.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep that’s the tricky bit, there is nothing else on the market that does or offer the same.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Bob Rej
    Participant

UK - England

i’d be in

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

That’s a bloody good idea, as coilover kits are totally overkill for the road as once the springs are set you’ll probably never change the setup ever again.

So yes a standard style damper with any aftermarket spring is a pretty good idea and giving you a fully mappable active damper to boot what’s not to like.

I would suggest a price in the region of the KW DDC setup £2.3k to £2.7 seems the sweet spot for dampers as the Öhlins kit all in with everything is near £3.8k

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks for the feedback,  my gut feel is similar I would like to see it start with a 2,  okay will be high 2’s plus module.  The full Tractive kit will still be the best option and see off the Ohlins option. Once people see past the branding.  So a simplified set up for road use and track days rather than a full blown competition grade set up seems to be me like it would be suitable perhaps for more people.  The choice of either would still be there.

dogbone
    Participant

UK - England

Problem is, Tractive isn’t as established as other manufactures who can charge top dollar for their gear.  For a new player to enter into any market pricing and unique selling point is key.  I think its fair to say Tractive have their USP with a greater dynamic range and faster response times.  Entering into the market at top dollar will be difficult until the system is tried and tested for some time.  Then the pricing could command top dollar.  Start lower, get the turn-over of units sold, establish the brand then build it up.  Just my opinion.

Magnetic   FPM375   DSC Controller  Tractive suspension  EBC discs with Yellow Stuff

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yep, they have the USP, the brand awareness and endorsement by key customers is coming.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Update time……..

Good and and not so good news.

Good is technically I  have concept that works,  not so goods is the business case is proving a challenge, low volumes kills the cost benefits I was aiming for.  (Until I finished designing and building my own CNC machine and make “in house” and then avoid that affect…one day maybe).

That said there is some “opportunity” on the cost as some may have seen DSC have a FaceBook promo running.  To my knowledge nothing had been shared with the dealers, well not this one.  I have negotiated some improve for the UK.   I can only offer it to people who have already registered an interest.  There won’t be any big banner posts with new prices, those that have already contacted me will get an email offer in the next day or so.  The offer will be time limited I expect as well.

For sure others are still welcome to registered a genuine interest,  tyre kickers and nosy Parkers excluded…     😀

adw
    Participant

UK - England

I’m interested please

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Need to email me 😉

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@Bob and Adw,    if your still interested you need to email me, only way you’ll get an option.

Cheers.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Any interest on a new damper package?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!