Any recommendation about the ECU

Home Forums Performance Electronics/ECU Any recommendation about the ECU

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Neil Cao
    Participant

UK - England

Hi,

I am currently looking into Revo, Pumaspeed and Mountune.  I am actually more interested in getting the Revo one but some also recommend the rest two.  I am not an aggressive driver and there is no track day for me now, just want some extra excitement and sometimes doing a canyon run at weekends. In addition, does every stage 2 usually mean a louder and more noises for the car? Would like to keep the NHV as similar as the stock feeling.

Thanks

Neil

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

cool, what canyon in the UK ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

RSDave
    Participant

UK - England

Canyons in UK? Clearly getting mistaken by the potholes

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

@Neil: I’ve been running the Revo Stage 1 map for the last 25,000 miles. No issues at all. Neat piece of software with no hassle once installed (98 octane option, Shell V-Power 100). The grin grew wider and no regrets so far. Who cares about warranty after 2 years anyway. And yes, the late addition of the DSC V1 dynamic suspension controller matches perfectly with the delivered 385 bhp and 540 Nm 😀

Cheers, drive safe.

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

If your going or possibly going for a Cobb handset most popular handset in the world (Mountune is a Cobb) your better off with either Norris Designs or a Litchfield device.

Both are very good maps and the handset can be sold on at a later stage if need be, the Mountune device is tied to your car.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Neil Cao
    Participant

UK - England

sorry about the wrong terms i put there, i am Chinese and I lived in Britain Gloucestershire for 6 years. I now live in Beijing. By the way RS is just too expensive here in China with the import tax

Thanks

fcsrs2300
    Participant

UK - England

Your English is better than my Mandarin. Welcome.

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome ?

Honorary Member

Neil Cao
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks all. Here in China Focus RS is not that well noted by people, more will go for the Golf R and A45 since they are all auto gear with a better customer loyalty built.  There are a few stores that are REVO authorized. My attachment to Britain making me think that I should go for a British tuning company, but Pumaspeed is not that well known and it is a family business right? Litchfield is based in Gloucestershire I’ve just found lol, back to the time at university I was not aware of them.  However, Litech’s program is not sold oversea but kept only in Britain I think.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Any recommendation about the ECU. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!