Any tips for when I get my new rs?

Home Forums General Newbie Any tips for when I get my new rs?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

Just some do’s and dont’s really never owned a rs before ☺️

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Priority get Ghost system fitted first, take it easy for the first 1500 miles keep an eye on the coolants check tyre pressures. Then just enjoy it happy RS’ing

Honorary Member

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

Ok how much is it?and do you have to take the car to them?

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

£320 fitted in the group buy. If we can get enough in your area it might only be a short trip

Email me your postcode and can check for you – kenny@mk3focusrs.club

adw
    Participant

UK - England

PPF recommended too with Fords soft paint. Want to keep the front end chip free, or you might regret it

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

If you are getting the black forged rims, don’t rub them or even touch them! you have to wash/clean them using the soft down collected from a 1000 angels chins otherwise you will scratch them to high heaven as the paint is THAT soft.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

I agree with ADW. Paint Protection Film is a must on the front of these cars

🙂

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

CaRSrus
    Participant

UK - Scotland

<p style=”text-align: left;”>As has been said, no high revs or allowing the engine to labour, at least for the first 1k miles. Even after run-in, try and allow a short period for engine warm-up and cool-down. Check fluids weekly, tyre pressures fortnightly….quite high tyre pressures compared to other cars. As for added security, ceramic nano coatings, paint protection film, etc, all a matter of personal choice. If it’s a daily driver, try not to be over-precious about the car or you simply won’t enjoy the whole ownership aspect; instead you’ll worry about the small stuff. If it’s going to be a garage queen/show-car spend as much as you can afford on paint protection, etc. Good tip from 71bda re the black forged wheels….clean properly, but with care. Use a decent nano coating on those regardless of how you are using the car. I put Sonax CC36 on bodywork, wheels and callipers. If you have the shell seats ease your ass in and out over the bolster. Otherwise, use, enjoy, have fun…..and catch yourself grinning a lot….you have an RS.</p>

Rs Rick
    Participant

UK - Wales

Thanks everyone still got a long week ahead before I collect this beast could of had it last week but waiting for the plate change 67 

fredeng
    Participant

UK - England

@rs rick

one of the more expensive upgrades, I’d 100% recommend putting an aftermarket exhaust system on it.

Completley transforms the car, its how an RS SHOULD be.

swede
    Participant

Sweden

From what I’ve been told an aftermarket exhaust won’t make much difference except for the sound. The stock should be a good piece of equipment.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Any tips for when I get my new rs?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!