Any views on Litchfield Suspension

Home Forums Performance Handling Any views on Litchfield Suspension

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

DirkGently68
    Participant

UK - England

Anybody had any experience with the Litchfield KW suspension kit?

I’m currently thinking about this instead of drivetrain updates, hardware is currently stock apart from the Remus catback exhaust and I have the DreamScience handset.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

What sort of budget are you looking to spend…    If your near the Midlands I can demo the Tractive set up.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

DirkGently68
    Participant

UK - England

Hi 9designs. I’m in Cheltenham 4 miles from Litchfield Motors, their system is about 2.5K and can be seen here https://www.litchfieldmotors.com/ford/focus-rs/#handling

Chatting with one of the guys there, he was saying upgrading suspension will let me use more of the power I’ve got rather than upgrade to more power which is unusable, it sounded sensible but could have just been sales patter.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Not far away then…..

It may have been sales talk,  but it depends on you point of view, I would tend to agree, sorting the ride has been my goal more than chasing willy waving power numbers.  The RS isn’t a traffic light gp winner,  buy something from VAG group with a DSG box for that.

Going around corners with a big grin is the RS party piece, without jarring and bouncing you into a ditch is soooo  much nicer experience.

Litchfield uses the KW set-up, which a few people have, so you should get some feedback.   Some have reported back to me normal can be to soft and bouncy, so they have fitted a DSC module to get it all under control.

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

DirkGently68
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks 9designs, I agree entirely a little more power than stock is nice but I’m not chasing power numbers which make the car unusable, or make peak figures but destroy the torque/power delivery across the range. I would certainly be interested in seeing the Tractive setup, what sort of money are we looking at for that?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Yeah price is most peoples sticking point, until they tried it then they love it.   The damper kit is about a grand more than KW, but you need the DSC module on top of that.   Do Litchfield have  a demo car ?

DirkGently68
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure, will have to do some more research, not even sure that they have an RS at all any more.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

KW / Mountune / Litchfield

KW V3’s and others in the KW range for the MK3 RS are all the same damper just each has its own specified spring rates.

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Any views on Litchfield Suspension. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!