Anyone fitted their RallyFlapz yet?

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Anyone fitted their RallyFlapz yet?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

How you getting on with fitting the muflaps Guys and Girls?

Had a read through the instructions last night and bought a trim removal kit to help with the clip removal etc, but seems a very long winded process!

J

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Jason…I’ve also been waiting for some reviews on fitment or pics as well.

My cars due end of October so was hoping for some tips before fitting mine lol.

Seen that you have put decals on engine bay just wondering if you added any to the bodywork and what you used to clean paint before fitting also how did you find the fitting.

Thanks Paul.

A few bits and pieces added

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Hello Mate,

And the mud flaps i was hoping someone has already had a go, appears you need trip removal tool for the clips and it also looks like there are replacement clips in the fitting kit, but i didnt want to really use a trolley jack under a brand new car so may ask to use my mates ramp one eve. Does look like a two hour job though ish!!

The wheel gel inlays i just used cotton buds bit of soapy water then clean water, used some tweezers to place the inlays in the RS logo.

Same with the spolier inlays and the airbox inlay.

Pretty simple you just look like a pratt sitting on the floor with cotton buds when your neighbours see you and ask WTF are you doing lol

Will put a cpl of pics up later.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I know of one owner who has fitted to the rear standard mud flaps, but had to modify the profile very slightly. I will ask him what he did and the part number.

Coastliner

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Cool yeah sounds like an idea and what he did to modify them, i am surprised Fords have not done an RS specific mudflap yet!

paul144
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Jason and i went for the pvc mudflaps so brought a removal tool and read instructions so just waiting for car.

Think I need to set an afternoon free just in case looking at the instructions lol.

P’s thanks for info about decals.

A few bits and pieces added

tajdhanda1993
    Participant

United Kingdom

RSjas I fitted some Rally Armour mud flaps to my car, very simple it did say on the instructions to remove the rear wheels. But I managed to do them without removing them! Think they are fairly the same tbf just a hole in the wheel arch liner to put one screw through to a hole which is unused!

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

If anyone can get some pictures during fitting that could be beneficial for others owners when they come to fitting their own it would be much apprecaited.

mrgreedy
    Participant

United Kingdom

I can’t join that forum because my gmail email account isn’t a real ISP email. Ha!

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

Just out of interest i have ordered a set of the rear ford mudlfaps part number F1798977 just for comparison and to compare the ease of fittiing, found a company on ebay do the pair for £25.00 quid delivered.

If anyone else is interested i will post the link!

J

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I am interested, only personal choice but I prefer the profile of standard fittings. So please post the link.

Many thanks.

Coastliner

rsjas070
    Participant

UK - England

There you go buddy.

391080722853 item number

J

Ashley Clifton
    Participant

United Kingdom

Got my mud flaps today and having car detailed on Monday so they are fitting them for me when the wheels are off

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

1. I’ve fitted rallyflapz on my rs its easier than it sounds on the instructions, just gotta make sure you bend the stainless plates for left hand and right hand application, they do flap around a bit on the inside of the flap facing inwards to the exhaust, its fine but I’ll probably connect another stainless plate to strengthen the inside a bit, didn’t take any pics tho soz
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anyone fitted their RallyFlapz yet?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!