Anyone running a Cobra Resonated Catback Exhaust?

Home Forums Performance Exhaust Anyone running a Cobra Resonated Catback Exhaust?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

chris-rs380
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve just ordered a Cobra Resonated Catback and would appreciate any reviews from anyone who has one.

I run M400 with standard catback at the moment, but thought I was missing the final part of the jigsaw so went for the Cobra as I got an amazing price through this club. Thanks Kenny!

I don’t like too loud, especially on a 4 cylinder, hence the ‘resonated’ version (Used to have a Mountune Axle back which was too much after a while).

Hopefully the sound will be spot on and I won’t be replacing it with the standard exhaust 2 days later…

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Chris, I have the Cobra resonated without valve, it’s not great in terms of resonce issues on deceleration and acceleration between 2 to 3k revs, love the looks of the tail pipes but had to modify mine to get a better result, look under this forums “ask the experts” section and find “Cobra exhaust any good” I have put a detailed report on it and my modification

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

johnybigarms
    Participant

UK - England

Update, I have found the reason for the resonance issues on deceleration, it’s the lack of valve on my chosen Cobra system, this was discovered last week when I blocked the passenger side exhaust pipe with a rolled up rag, took it for a test drive and the drone has gone, so I have ordered the valve section from Cobra, it’s hard to understand why, but thinking about, Ford new too, hence why the valve closes on deceleration, and opens on start up and hard acceleration, it was a small issue with the standard system and delete valve resistor, I do remember increased drone on deceleration down hills, hence why I tried the rag up the pipe, so I recommend all who order the Cobra system to get it resonated and valved, or you will end up with serious drone.

Mountune M380 package

Mishimoto throttle Pedal Spacer

Mountune Hard Charge Pipes

JCR super low seat frames x 2

DSC Suspension Controller

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anyone running a Cobra Resonated Catback Exhaust?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!