Anyone with legal advice knowledge?

Home Forums Performance Engine Anyone with legal advice knowledge?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

I’ll try and make this as short as possible….

The first owner had the HG recall done before I bought the car.

I bought the car (2019) with warranty which runs out about now.

Around April 2021 it went to Bristol Street Ford to have an oil leak checked out and it was found the HG had gone.  They had the car for 6 WEEKS due to warranty issues with Evans Halshaw which is where I bought the car from.  They fobbed me off with things like ” waiting for parts” etc.  Anyway I got the car back which had damage.  When I told then that the car sat low due to TRC’s fitted and that it needs to go on an MoT ramp as it will catch the front of the car driving on/off the ramp and that I have your word it will stay indoors during the time they have my car and they said yes.  So the damage to my car was the front trim and drivers side door TRC trim which clearly indicated they used trolley jacks to jack the car up to remove the drivers side front wheel for access which I also said they couldn’t use.  The trolley jack on the door side was such that the trolley jack lifted the car and the weight of the car was on the door sill and trim.  They denied this at first however they said they would have the sill repainted which turned out to be the worst paint job ever.  I got it done elsewhere and billed them.

Pretty much a year later I developed another leak and as I’d cut all ties with BTM I decided to bite the bullet even though it was still under warranty and to go to FJRS.

When FJRS had it they took photos of the strip down and came across a few anomalies like the coolant tank hose was restricting the flow of coolant to the block as it was a 90° bend, over use of sealant, sealant used for filling holes where a bolt should be etc.

Due to these findings I decide to write to the top bloke at BSM who passed it on to one of his minions and the reply in a nut shell was…..all our techs are all fully trained go on courses etc, and offered me £200 as a goodwill gesture, basically they didn’t say it was there fault.  I wrote back saying I wasn’t happy that they couldn’t give me an explanation for why it had gone again after 1 year and 3000 miles later.  They replied basically saying it’s what it is………….What BSM are saying is that because its still under warranty I could of went to another garage to have the work done but I didnt, I paid out of my own pocket, where do I stand?

Sorry for the long winded post

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Difficult one. I would personally pay for a solicitor to look over the details. Not sure if you have a case for poor workmanship causing the repeat issue.

What are the terms stated in the warranty? I know a previous one through Arnold Clark that I could take it to any vat registered garage and claim the money back.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like a world of pain. I think if damage is caused you should never accept the car back until its all put right to your standard expected. I would now just take the £200 instead of lengthy and possible even more legal expense. My gasket was done and a year later and like 1800 miles it was leaking oil too. If you have a car under warranty and take it to a place and pay for it to be repaired you cannot expect Ford to foot that bill really. Should have come on here and asked for recommendations for a trusted dealer to work on your car.  I think you’re best just putting it down to experience and try to get over it. Innit?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Smokin Joe
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers for the replies both, we live and learn, in the mean time I’ll check over the T’s & C’s of my warranty

Basically I went to FJRS for peace of mind, I don’t think I’d of settled with a Ford garage doing the work

Cheers

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMMN6WxIREcNGljuqrLTKFg

Joe

Nitrous Blue

M380

Rally Armour Flaps

Scorpion Sports Cat/Exhaust

TRC’s

Mountune Billet Short Shifter

Airtec Intercooler

Velossa Tech Big Mouth Ram Air

Pauly Paul
    Participant

S J , I feel your pain as I’ve had a few run in with ford over the years , I alway take pictures of my RS , even for the smallest of jobs , and make sure they are watching, It shouldn’t have to be like this but it is what it is , I hope you get it all sorted my friend. 👍😟

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I dread taking my car into the dealers for service, they just don’t apply the same care and attention that I expect. For example I have a service plan on our Cooper S. Took it in for a brake fluid change which is included on the plan, I had already changed the oil as it’s by- annual and I don’t believe in leaving oil to do it’s thing for more than 5k. On its return I thought on a fine sunny day, I will remove all the wheels decontaminate the wheel arches wipe all the suspension components with a rust preventer. I found discarded chewing gum had been pressed onto the offside rear alloy wheel inside, not possible for it to have gotten there other than been placed using thumb or finger pressure as it was flat and spread. Only other explanation is when the car was parked up unattended someone has got on the floor and spread it( I don’t think so) I know where my money is on whats happened. And this was a BMW Mini main dealer, what type of morons are working on our cars?

Coastliner

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Anyone with legal advice knowledge?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!