Apple CarPlay with sync3 problem

Home Forums Technology In-Car Entertainment Apple CarPlay with sync3 problem

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • Author

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks mate, I’ll check it

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

@cookietree

quick update, after waiting weeks for the usb hub to come in my car finally went in today to have it replaced, and guess what, it didn’t fix it.

so the guy says he will get on to fords about the APIM module for authorizing a replacement and give me a call later.

so later he calls and says he spoke to fords and because this has become a common fault fords are working on a software fix rather than replacement, but no date on when that will be.

so now I have no clue as to when it will be fixed, at least it’s not a major fault, I can live without CarPlay but I shouldn’t have too.

northener51
    Participant

United Kingdom

Have you gone into the settings on Sync 3 and activated CarPlay for the phone itself?

You may also need to go into the settings in your iPhone and activate it as well

I had similar issues when connecting my phone and everything was deactivated as default in Sync and on the iPhone itself

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Where are the apple CarPlay settings on the sync 3, the only option I see is to turn on android CarPlay.

When i connect my iPhone by the usb cable the sync system doesn’t even see my phone.

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Sounds silly, But connect via bluetooth, press the I for informations in the bluetooth menu,on the car connection,set the notifications on, And then connect it via cable, Because it might be the trick to use Apple CarPlay. When the notifications are Off, the Damn iPhone will Block the connection. Cheers

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

I tried that but no joy, I’m stuck until ford find a software fix or authorize a new sync module

Raresh Nicolae
    Participant

Romania

Well, I tried. Such a bugger to have a new car problem. If mine, when it arrives starts to do crazy things like this, I will go a-wall. Cheer up, close the phone, put in sport and listen  to the music of the RS 🙂

Cookietree
    Participant

UK - England

You could try Essex fords they fixed my problem that’s the same as yours  the APIM module they know what to do to fix it mate

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

I think maybe when you had your problem fords hadn’t had that many go wrong so they  authorized the replacement module at a cost to fords of around £550, but it seems since then they have had a lot of reports of this same fault and have now stopped authorizing replacements while they look for a software fix. I guess a few a £550 a pop is ok but if the numbers are now loads it would cost them a lot to replace.

Cookietree
    Participant

UK - England

Good point but it’s a fault product insists on them to change it or give Essex ford a ring they be more helpful and just order it for ya worth a go

Cookietree
    Participant

UK - England

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Any update in your fix mate</p>

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Fords have said there will be a software fix around the end of august, they did say there was a part they could replace which would involve removing part of the dash, but this only had a 10% chance of fixing it.

Iv decided to wait for the software fix as I’m really OCD about rattles in the car and if they take the dash apart there is always a chance of getting a rattle behind it which I really don’t want.

Strange thing is on a couple of occasions it’s suddenly started working and iv had CarPlay until I turn off and then it’s gone again, but using it for that short time I’m not sure I’d really bother with it anyway.

indyrs
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hi RSGAZ,

Did you get this fixed in the end?

Just my experience on the Carplay issue… I remember when I picked the car up in April, I tried it and my phone didn’t work (iPhone 6), I tried the salesman’s one (iPhone 7) and his worked no problems in the car.

I checked the system settings of the mobiles, I was running IOS 9.x and he had IOS 10.x… I tried several other iPhones (through friends & family – mix of 6s/7) and the newer IOS is what works with Sync 3 connectivity I found.

I am not sure if that is the issue for you, have you checked your device settings to rule it out or tried another iPhone – from the sounds of it you probably have been through that exercise?

RSGAZ
    Participant

UK - England

Yea I’ve tried many different phones but it still don’t work, ford say they have a software fix coming at the end of aug so I’m waiting for that.

rs_nay
    Participant

UK - England

Hey! Picked my RS up last night and having the same problem. I was really looking forward to the Apple Car play! Mine does nothing when plugging it in too! Im running V2.2 and the update thing on there just keep spinning. Has an update come out yet?

66′ Nitrous Blue RS

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 43 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Apple CarPlay with sync3 problem. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!