Attempted theft

Home Forums Technology Security Attempted theft

• This topic has 16 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by RS@WUB.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

Jay Tea
    Participant

UK - England

Had some scum bags on my drive early hours this morning trying to scan for my keys to the RS. They were caught on the ring doorbell. Luckily the keys are in a faraday pouch and ive also got a ghost and disclok. I now want to have bollards installed on my drive. Im based in essex, do people have any recommendations?

Magnetic Grey, FPM375 Kit, Sunroof, Lux Pack, Winter Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Carbon Knob and Handbrake, 19” Anthracite Alloys, Heated RS Comfort Seats & Door Edge Protectors

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

A bit of a pain but most definitely a wheel lock. My brother had several temps until he fitted a wheel lock

Honorary Member

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by bobcat.

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

id go for some quality stainless telescopic bollards,not the rubbish bolt and fold down types that a lot of folk go for,most of those can easily be ripped out ,telescopic are far superior

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@the-radman, good idea 👍

Honorary Member

Pauly Paul
    Participant

J T , absolute scum bags , so glad they never succeeded, you are right to get added security don’t give the barstools any leeway, I’ve got the  same as you pouch full steering lock 4 wheel clamps and it’s garaged , I know people will think I’m OTT , but I don’t care pain takin all off the get access but price I’m prepared to take , I ain’t gonna make it easy for any prying eyes , keep safe you and the RS . 👍👍👍

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Jay, feel for you, but

Your security did the job, faraday pouch ghost and disc lock is a good combination and low risk to you, know someone with a security post on drive, forgot it was there and drove into it. Damage was bonnet bumper, front valance, radiator and I think intercooler or oil cooler. £4500 to repair paint and insurance company initially tried to avoid paying out.

May the Ford be with you

the-radman
    Participant

UK - England

yep thats a risk you take,maybe reverse into the drive so you can always see it when driving out next time

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I put some Rhino stainless steel telescopic posts  keyed similar so no mucking about with loads of keys in the dark (or rain !) in the front drive where the ST stays ,! . And as for forgetting the post is up and driving into it/them, maybe have a postcard in your car and put it across the speedo when you park up with “POSTS”  in large letters  to remind you !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by 71-bda.

Jay Tea
    Participant

UK - England

Turns out from the local Facebook group after failing to get my RS they stole a NB RS locally instead 10mins after trying to get mine.

im getting quotes today to have bollards installed on the driveway.

would people recommend a pedal box aswell for the car?

Magnetic Grey, FPM375 Kit, Sunroof, Lux Pack, Winter Pack, Blue Brembo Brake Calipers, SYNC 3, Carbon Knob and Handbrake, 19” Anthracite Alloys, Heated RS Comfort Seats & Door Edge Protectors

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Hate theiving scumbags like that. Should loose a limb as punishment.

I use the wifes car as a bollard which would make it extremely difficult to get the Rs out.

Seen those pedel boxes on Ebay for around £60. No idea if they are any good or not

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Ivor OBD port metal lock too..

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

They would have failed……

I would look at house security,  before your force them to come inside.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

lc96
    Participant

UK - England

al-b
    Participant

UK - England

Is Ghost2 still good or have the scumbags worked out had to overide it?

I have heard a few horror stories about them breaking into houses inc over the road from me for a ST MK2 when they first came out

@Ic96 I do like that foot rest plate – where did you get it?

Eibach Pumaspeed springs UK  – Mountune full Induction – delete valve plug – carbon knob – JCR seat lowering kit set @ 39mm – black nuts! Engine forged by FJRS – TCR front splitter V2 and side skirts – RS rallyflapz – Car serviced/maintained by GS Motorsport

lc96
    Participant

UK - England

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Attempted theft. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!