AutoWatch Ghost Problem

Home Forums Technology Security AutoWatch Ghost Problem

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

aturner44
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve recently had ghost installed and now if I leave the stop start turned on, as soon as I stop within 3 seconds the immobiliser kicks in causing the signature errors to kick up on the dash, which then in turn means I have to cycle the ignition 3 times to clear the errors, and then enter my code to get the car started. For now I can turn stop start off, as long as I don’t forget! Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Edit:

I’d like to add that I’m not criticising the product itself, I believe it has been installed incorrectly. I must admit this is frustrating, I specifically contacted AutoWatch to find an authorised dealer close to me, read reviews for the company I chose to do the work, all seemed to check out. However during the installation the technician seemed to struggle with the install. I wasn’t particularly comfortable letting someone I didn’t know work on the car in the first place, after this I’m reluctant to let them back near it.

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

It’s not working correctly, probably down to not being installed correctly.

Stop start works in perfect harmony with the AW Ghost.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

I would agree, sounds like a call to the installer.

Coastliner

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Who installed it?

magnetic18
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve had mine in for nearly a year. Without issue.

After lots of research christopher Ian Preston came highly recommended. If autowatch will cover the cost for the problems with the install might be worth going to him.

elliot
    Participant

UK - England

Have had Ghost installed almost two years, no problems whatsoever, installed by Chris Preston.

FPM 375. MSD 350/380/400

DSC

Tractive Suspension 

oasked
    Participant

UK - England

Sounds like a dodgy install.

Get it sorted by Chris Preston, I wouldn’t trust anyone else TBH. Details in this thread:

GHOST

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Mine has been perfect for 2 years nearly with the exception of needing a reboot for the update to work, Chris Preston fitted mine top guy

nigesax
    Participant

UK - England

Chris fitted mine too, no issues at all after 18 months

2017 Nitrous Blue, MSD420. Mountune Forged, V3 and sports Cat, Cast Inlet, Secondary Intake, Radiator, Oil Cooler, Quaife, Springs, Braided Lines, grooved/lightweight discs.

davey-f
    Participant

United Kingdom

Got two vehicles fitted with ghost installed by Chris. No issues before or after the software update which he personally went round all his customers

Frozen White / Sunroof / Lux Pack / Sync 3 / M400X/ Forged Engine Internals / MT Oil Cooler Kit / Sports Cat downpipe with Cat Back V3 exhaust / high flow radiator / Cast Inlet Manifold / Quaife ATB / Wagner intercooler upgrade from MT / charge pipe V2 upgrade / Eibach brake hose kit / EBC discs and brake pads / Eibach rear spring kit / secondary intake kit / short shift / roll restrictor / PTU Brace / TWS Gunmetal alloys / 10W60 oil serviced & maintained by FJRS

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to AutoWatch Ghost Problem. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!