Baby step upgrades

Home Forums Performance General Baby step upgrades

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all,

My car’s warranty expired last month, so it’s time to start looking at a few basic performance upgrades. I’m not looking for massive power, but would like to liven the car up somewhat and look to be pushing the 400 bhp mark. What would you recommend to achieve this?

Currently, I have plans for a cat-back Scorpion exhaust to go on. I’m also after a new air intake but need advice what to go for. In terms of maps, I’m considering an MSD multi-map with accessport – is it as good as people say?

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

I loaded the multi maps yesterday after running DS u3,,best move I made.I’ve got 350-380-400 which is enough for me,I was going to go 420 but this cobb access port came on the market from a fellow member on here so I purchased it,plus with the 420 it would need a sports cat at another £500-£700.

Andy.

Red Edition.

rsdavid
    Participant

UK - England

MSD all day long fantastic map and the customer support is brilliant

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@Tyrefitter

SNAP … I upgraded to MSD Mulitmaps yesterday (Saturday) too from FPM375!! Same power map and got the step colder spark plugs to compliment.

And WHAT a difference the MSD is over the FPM375!!! The car is alive!!!!

Still not sure if 420 needed especially as the Sports Cat is needed to achieve and it’s more cash and hassle to get fitted!

Thanks to Stu and staff for help and super quick delivery to Northern Ireland!! Cheers.

2017.5 RS MG MSD Multimap 350/380/420

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by nitemare.

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

Well that settles it, MSD Multimaps it is. For those that installed it, did you remove the shift assist? I assume it’s removing the rev hang on gear change, but is it an improvement?

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

@nitemare did you notice on your handset their is 2 350-380-400 maps,I don’t know what the difference is,I loaded the first one.

Andy.

Red Edition.

nitemare
    Participant

UK - N.Ireland

@Stripe – I asked for my Shift Assist to remain Enabled

@Tyrefitter
    – I only had one Map on my Cobb unit? I’d check with Stuart at MSD if I was you! I’m assuming you didn’t have an MSD map on there before??

2017.5 RS MG MSD Multimap 350/380/420

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by nitemare.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Baby step upgrades. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!