Back with a nitrous blue

Home Forums General Newbie Back with a nitrous blue

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

lm back it’s been a while, sold my black RS a couple yrs ago, got a golf R, then AMG A45, honda type R fk8, 290 cupra, and coming back to the RS l, pick it up tomorrow

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome back!

That’s a pretty good “who’s who” list of hot hatches. So, clearly the RS appeals (with the return), but what did you like the best about the others?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Why the self torture you felt the RS force from the beginning young RS jedi

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome back to the family of RS owners. Look forward to your posts.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Wow you have gone through them all. Defo would love to hear what you thought of them all.

I came from a mk7.5 GTI and thought it was great, best interior in its class imo.

New RS looks fantastic. Best colour too.

440bhp

443lbft

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Welcome back ian? Hope all goes well for you when you collect your car

Honorary Member

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hello everyone, rs clubs great I won the kochie chemie polish kit a while back, Kenny’s got a great site and club here, answer to your questions, the golf was built well but boring after the RS, the A45 build quality was fantastic from an engineering point of view and very fast with a very safe 4wd system  but saw a ex demo fk8 honda for sale and honda gave me a great partex deal so went for it, the technology in the honda is fantastic and how they sort no torque steer was impressive and felt like it could stoppie on the brakes but struggles with our British winter, the cupra, same again fwd struggles but great handling in the dry and the  dsg box works so well to get the power down fast through the gears, so I’m back to an RS because I think it suits our UK roads and conditions and I was always comparing the other cars handling and feel to the RS and always missed it

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Glad to see you back Ian!

Where are you getting the RS from?

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Kenny nice to be back and chat, off to monarch enterprises tomorrow on the train in Lincolnshire, it’s full spec with the Sony stereo and sync 3, door protectors, sun roof, shell seats, 11k miles with the gasket changed it was up for £24999 and I got it for £24500

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

That looks sweet ! Judging by the price I’m guessing its a 2016 ( because if its a 2017 I’d be gutted they dropped that much!) Is that definitely sync3 as the screen display is unlike my sync3 ! Or has it been updated like G4ffa did years back? could it even be his old car?

Upgrade SYNC 2 to SYNC 3

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Looks good Ian ? just hope the weather stays good for you.

Honorary Member

RS77
    Participant

UK - England

I’m sure that no MY2016 RS’s on a “16” plate came with Sync3. The earliest with Sync3 were “66” plates around Nov/Dec 2016. And the photos on Monarch’s WS certainly show a Sync2 system and describe a 2016/16 – if this is the same car currently being advertised as under offer (http://www.monarchenterprises.co.uk/current-stock/cars/2016-16-ford-focus-rs/). Must be a misprint in the description.

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

<!–more–>yeh that’s the one just on my way to get it now

ianrs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks not too bothered about what sync it is, I’d like to see it up on a ramp check the rear diff and theve sent me the gasket recall invoice with it changed

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Back with a nitrous blue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!