Battery Problem Possibly

Home Forums Performance General Battery Problem Possibly

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • Author

wheely
    Participant

UK - England

Flat battery this morning, car went spaz! One headlight on wiper doing one sweep wouldn’t lock or react with key.

I hardwired a dash cam a few week ago, and all fine,  but this time it’s been stood for a week 🤦🏻‍♂️.

after lots of “hmmm ahhh???” and head scratching, I realised I had a ctek charger.  Set it up on the battery (am I supposed to put both clamps on the red and black terminals? ) 🤷🏻‍♂️seems to be working, headlight went off wiper reset itself and can lock and unlock, but not trying a start yet until ctek gets to section 4, currently on 2.

oh and I’ve disconnected the camera 🎥

stteb
    Participant

UK - England

My battery failed after 3 years, with 5000 miles on the clock…

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@Stteb Thanks for the update, three years doesn’t seem long for a battery. I would have thought four to five, maybe the stop/start system shortens the life of it?

srea064
    Participant

UK - England

Car sitting around not being used much shortens the battery life. Mine has only done 200 miles since last March. Used to use it everyday for work prior to Covid, noticed recently, although it started every time I needed to move it, that some systems wouldn’t work. Decided to get a CTEK 5.0 and I now charge it every 6 weeks. I believe if I hadn’t started to do this, the battery would have died completely by now.

Steve – Magnetic Grey – Sold.

Hope to join Bobcat as an Honorary Member?!?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@srea064 I have to agree the CTEK charger has come into its own over the Covid period. I’m having the RS service soon and the engine oil is still the same colour as it was a year ago when it was last serviced. 😞

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t run out and waste your money on a battery charger unless you’re having problems IMO as it depends on usage, storage conditions etc. My car still has original battery and has not missed a beat since buying my car new in April 2017. However note usage etc below FYI:-

1. Always garaged when not in use. 2. Not a daily but driven approximately 25 miles once a week in winter just to keep battery topped up, obviously more in summer😀 3. Auto-stop-start always switched off. 3. Main dealer serviced. 4. Mileage 16k approx.

Tyrefitter
    Participant

UK - England

When I bought my 2.5 year old 7000 miles on clock I had to replace battery,no it’s used as my daily so should last longer.

Andy.

Red Edition.

Viewing 7 posts - 31 through 37 (of 37 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Battery Problem Possibly. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!