Bearing issue

Home Forums Performance Engine Bearing issue

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Michael red ed1
    Participant

UK - Scotland

on Friday after taking a long sweeping left hand bend on to the motor way (70mph) I started getting a loud rattle while on the motor way – stopped the car, checked no issues.

It thenstarted again, I stopped and called ford – 5 hours later AA turned up and had a look and informed me I needed oil (car is topped up frequently with oil – last time 10 -14 days ago and 1k miles max).

The noise persisted – to which I videoed for an opinion. Family mechanic who is a Lexus master tech instantly said a bearing and subsequently said not to accept the rebuil the will offer

3 days later for still hasn’t confirmed but “think” it may be a bearing or con rod issue.

My car has done 6k miles but has a montune 375 pack and apparently another car is in the dealer at present with the same issue and pack

has as anyone suffered similar issues ?

Any help would be appreciated for my forth coming fight fight to ensure the engine is replaced – I don’t think a rebuilt after 6k is not acceptable

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

That sounds SHIT pal!! Where abouts in Scotland are yi?? Anywhere in Moray or the Highlands??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I here by retract my last statement!! Lo!! I shall read the initial comment again in the morning and re-evaluate accordingly… Think he might be coming the C**T??!! Anyhoo, I really must get to my bed now before I fall asleep and am rudely awoken by the beast, sorry I mean Wife!! Lol!! ??

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Why are you using so much oil??

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bearing issue. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!