Best way to protect the paintwork

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Best way to protect the paintwork

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

wmertens
    Participant

Romania

Yesterday I placed my order for a nitrous blue RS. Given from what I read everywhere I will have plenty of time to anticipate the delivery.  At the moment I drive a performance blue Fiesta ST of which I try to keep the paintwork in good condition. A wash whenever required and once every six months I clean the car in detail, polish and wax it.

But after 2 years I have scratches and imperfections in the front bumper. This seems to occur in combination with a high speed run. It seems that I then get a lot of debree on it that acts a bid like a grinder. Light scratches also appear around the typical spots like the door handles. I could buff those out, but that is not something you want to do all the time as there is a limit to how often you can use a mild abrasive polish.
    Seems that there are a lot of solutions out there, like a transparent film, some sort of ceramic coating etc, that all promise the same thing.

So I was wondering what the experiences are with methods that attempt to really protect the paintwork and if they deliver upon their promise.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

I am getting mine done next week by a local guy who did my Pals FRS. He uses CarPro-Cquatz and trust me my pals car (same colour as mine) looked SCHAMAZING when it was done. Better than G-Technic Ceramic coating.

CheeRS

Louie

Revo STG2 Beta Map 433hp 450lb-ft 610.1 nm

?????? Game REVO

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Schamazing lol! This is something I am interested in, do I just put a high quality sealant or go the PPF route?

Stop posting pictures of Magnetic Grey Louie, its making me want to change my order! 😉

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

I think if its protecting against things like stop chips on the front end I think the best solution would be paint protection film (PPF).

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

PPF…..I have used before. Granted it was back on my Mk1 and then known as “Armourfend” and was cut to size, hence you saw a line and it eventually showed wax, and the edges peeled. PPF will help but will NOT protect completely. £1000 to have the front end done is IMO a lot of cash. Where you based Kenny, Down south? If so have a chat with Tom at http://allthatgleams.co.uk He will guide ya mate. Tell him Louie Sent ya!!!!

And yes do Change ya Order to Magnetic…..Classy Schmazing colour it is…..Also makes ya FRS look like a GTR!!!!! LOL

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

Does anyone know the average cost of getting the coated in CarPro-Cquatz? The best price I’ve found is £225, which I though was expensive as you can buy CarPro-Cquatz kit from Amazon for £54.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

I was going to get mine detailed with Ceramic coating etc…..£295, but i have never had my cars detailed as i have a pro polisher and all the pads, polish etc and have always maintained my cars myself etc, so just ordered this from Elite Car Care as its piss easy to apply and a MASSIVE SAVING 🙂

1 x CarPro C-Quartz UK Ceramic Paint Protection Kit 50ml incl Reload – £56.49 inc delivery

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

muzzie
    Participant

UK - England

That was exactly what I was thinking, the CarPro-Cquatz looks like good stuff and there loads of vids of youtube to how to use it.

Louie Coppellotti
    Participant

UK - England

Yep you right Paul. I guess with a “Full detail” by a pro your getting a lot more than just the Ceramic coating, but if you have the kit and the know how then its a DIY job….And more ££££ to spend on other mods!! LOL

CheeRS

Louie

?????? Game REVO

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Just stumbled on this product at Yorkshire Trading in Whitby today at a cost of £6.99 T/Cut clay bar kit. I thought it was too good to not purchase. Two photo’s the first is the box and the second is of the contents.

Coastliner

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Coastliner

tonys
    Participant

UK - England

I recently used Will Bourne of  ‘Bourne To Detail‘ this Surrey based experienced IGL Master Detailer for my detailing and ceramic coating of paintwork including my wheels after having them refurbished and powder coated. Will also be using him for clear PPF front end protection.

Paintwork looks showroom condition swirl/scratch free after opting for his popular 3yr protection treatment. Also provided with a Courtesy car so hassle free. Highly recommended.

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjYpvibkdbnAhWYre0KHZ1aDgAYABAAGgJkZw&ohost=www.google.co.uk&cid=CAESQeD2gPitUMpF41PpHnBz7N7HmxI0ErdZSGwK4Z758HlM43KjWhjZqAKoS7eQ6gxb-P04xC86vdYErCu2AcjpBIGi&sig=AOD64_2neeB9w1jsKeeXrgfdaHxnJJ0i6Q&q=&ved=2ahUKEwichfKbkdbnAhW5VBUIHXTPAWYQ0Qx6BAgXEAE&adurl=

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Best way to protect the paintwork. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!