Black wheel nuts?

Home Forums Styling Wheels Black wheel nuts?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Andy Williams
    Participant

UK - England

Had an email from the forum/club admin promoting black wheel nuts available through the club shop.

Anyone have experience of theses?  Considering getting a set of these but a little concerned as to what the ‘hardness’ / resilience of the black finish is in use (particularly when the car is serviced and pneumatic tools used!).

Any feedback as to how the finish stands up over time?… and/or recommendations for alternatives?

Thanks

Focus black wheel nuts

• This topic was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Andy Williams.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Well…

I’d probably be more concerned about the earlier issue with the studs bottoming out in the blind hole of the wheel nut where the internal threaded hole was a bit too short for the wheel stud and left the nut not fully clamping on the taper in the wheel rim and leaving the taper washer to wobble about . Hopefully that issue has been sorted now so maybe ask Kenny our leader about that too?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Yes. @ Bobcat will be along with a link to the thread shortly.

@kenny
    can we please get the search function working

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Just buy some black caps and be done and save a few quid too

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Turbo, I’ve had a quick look and there are many postings on this subject, all in different forum headings.

@Andy
    , I found three links you can read, but as I’ve said to @Turbo, it would take a considerable amount of time to search all the threads

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Also,

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

And,

Honorary Member

lc96
    Participant

UK - England

I have no knowledge of the ‘club’ nuts, and I’m not sure what you’re willing to pay, but my preference is McGard  84538. They fit perfectly, and have a durable finish that doesn’t seem to mark up (unlike others I’ve tried).

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

@bobcat. Apologies, I was referring to the thread relating to fitment/sitting issues. Trying to think what the outcome was on that one.

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Turbo, ha that one, I’ll see if I can find it………. bear with bear with 😂😂

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I’m not sure if this is the one but have a read anyway 😆

Honorary Member

rog
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@rog, thank you 👍

Honorary Member

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

That’s the one @Rog👍

rog
    Participant

UK - England

OP, you can have my club lugs incl. locking nut, for postage only. Reply here.

Now using McGard lugs.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Black wheel nuts?. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!