Blast round the Trossachs

Home Forums General Picture & Video Gallery Blast round the Trossachs

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Went out a run in the RS today and got it well and truly bug splattered.

Followed my mate in his BMW M140i. His car isn’t quite standard and produced higher than stock on the rollers (380hp) prior to his map, full Remus exhaust and intake. With him running closer to 460hp, it was inevitably a fair bit quicker on the straights especially with his fancy dct box. The RS more than held its own in the twisty’s.

The car was absolutely epic on a few of the B roads and just ate up the hairpins. It’s the first run I’ve done since changing from my RS4 in January and I was really impressed with how well the car handled. For anyone in Scotland there are some really epic roads around the Trossachs. One in particular is the B827 between Bravo and Comtie. The car really came into its own on this road.

Never got a photo of the 2 cars together but took a few of the scenery and a couple of the RS on the return journey home. I’ll post them below

Cheers

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Coffee stop in Callander. Really nice coffee in a shop called perky blinders in the theme of the show peaky blinders. Unfortunately didn’t try the cakes due to the diet!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Nice pic’s….. especially the peanut butter brownie one ?

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

A rough sketch of the route

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Also the B-827 runs between Braco and Comrie. Auto correct stitching me up once again

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Fantastic pics and scenery thanks for sharing. Scotland in glorious weather too?

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

That looks like a great cruise around…. and those pastries!

NEILRS2K
    Participant

UK - Scotland

We should have stopped somewhere scenic for some photos of both cars. We ended up enjoying the roads too much.

For the most part the traffic was quiet however eventually got caught up behind various slow vehicles.

Glad yous like the few pics that I did take though. Job tomorrow of cleaning all the dead flies off the front of the car.

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Good to hear that it’s an all round drivers car rather than a ‘point and squirt’ car..we knew already but better to prove it!??

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Blast round the Trossachs. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!