Bloodhound SSC for sale

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Bloodhound SSC for sale

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

The administrators of the Bloodhound SSC project have put the actual vehicle up for sale at £250,000

I am still hoping someone even at this late stage will step in and provide the £25,000,000 so they could get a shot at 1000mph.

I wonder if the foreign aid budget loose change could be diverted to a British engineering project?

Bloodhounds has been fantastic for inspiring youngsters to considers science and engineering as a potential career and has had good support from the ImechE

I wish all the team well for the future at this difficult and upsetting time.

I hope that the vehicle stays in the UK for the public to see and is not snapped up for a private collection ( can you imagine opening the garage door and seeing that peering back at you in all its blue and orange glory, also uses Castol edge so a tentative link to RS’s)

All the best for xmas and new year.

May the Ford be with you

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

My brother-in-law is an ambassador involved with this project. I have to admit I am not surprised its having problems with funding it is very costly and would require a new set of aluminium wheels after every high speed run. It doesn’t surprise me the funding has dried up.

Coastliner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Coastlines

Great to hear of the brother in law is an ambassador for Bloodhound

Even if these projects fail due to cash shortages they inspire young people, I have spent years promoting apprenticeships in science, engineering and manufacturing, I had a great career that started with an apprenticeship and want others to follow with the same opportunities as these can be real jobs with real challenges and opportunities

If my numbers came up on the lottery Bloodhound would be where some of the goodwill cash went.

May the Ford be with you

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Very noble indeed, I have to agree apprenticeships are a great way to learn a trade. Maybe more emphasis should be channeled into them than university and degree’s.

Coastliner

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

@coastliner   Yes very much so,  I did a 5 year apprenticeship, 84-89 myself, possible one of the last of my era before the Unit route took over.   The automotive engineering industry looks at times a sad place to where it once was.  Often all people need is a degree in anything and laptop and they are called an engineer, then sent to go chase some issues.  Rare to see any passion for engineering or mechanical feel in many of the younger generations.

Anyway going to keep off my soap box,  sad to see flagship project fall over.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Its Ok chaps, the UK sent £98,000,000 in aid to India this year  ( a country which is currently blowing £330,000,000 on a 600 foot high poxy statue for someone or other)  oh, and India also has its own space project too. About time someone told our government that charity begins at HOME !! look after your own first.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Brilliant news…….

Looks like Bloodhound may have a hero saviour according to the BBC today

Ian Warhurst is reported to have stepped in with funding this morning

Well done hopefully a good xmas and 2019 for team bloodhound

All the best of luck to the team with the attempt on 1000mph

Stay safe and bring the record home for the Uk?

May the Ford be with you

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Totally agree with you Yorkirs,  bring the record home Bloodhound team.

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

And he’s a Yorkshireman.

Coastliner

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Coastlines

Yes from Barnsley, too modest to mention this though. Honest

go bloodhound go…….

May the Ford be with you

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Well done to Andy Green and the whole bloodhound team on getting to 500mph this week.

Andy is incredibly cool under real pressure and talks so calmly ( Helped by a career flying in the RAF and red arrows  )

A true inspiration for young and old alike.

Stay safe everyone and good luck.

May the Ford be with you

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bloodhound SSC for sale. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!