BLOWN GEARBOX!!

Home Forums Performance Transmission BLOWN GEARBOX!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Morning All!!

So YouTuber and RS owner “that’s nobody” has blown his Gearbox, well 3rd and 4th gear to be more precise.

After 21,000 miles of hard driving, daily launches, flat foot shifting from 1st through to 4th and some track days/drag strip action his gearbox has had enough!! He’s currently running his RS at 400 WHP with an X Clutch Twin Disc. The gearbox has certainly had a hard life, guess he’s maybe lucky to have got to 21,000 miles?!

It’ll be interesting to see him and his mate strip and repair the gearbox. Here’s a link to his latest video….

https://youtu.be/I28rDi44yKs

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Think it did well to take all that abuse. Be interesting to see gearbox strip and inspection. I reckon he could be in a world of pain in there, will be lucky to get away with just a 3rd and 4th gear selector hub and syncros, I would expect to see the engagement teeth on the actual 3rd and 4th gears to be damaged requiring new gears and possibly a complete layshaft too!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

Sucks is an excellent term for this guy. He uses it quite a lot.

Coastliner

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@71-bda

Yeah must agree!! Might be worth his while draining the oil and giving it a proper inspection and removing any magnetic plugs on the G/box for a look, just to get an indication of what he’s up against!! That’s what I’d “do do do do” first!! ??.!

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

9designs
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks quiet reassuring,  looks like with sensible mods and usage the box may hold out rather than needing the MT upgrade kit.

Magnetic Grey with all the best bits

FPM375/COBB/MSD-  Quaife LSD,  DSC+Tractive  Suspension,  HJS200 cell sports cat and MT Cooler. Sync3 upgrade.

Was UK seller for DSC & Tractive  Active suspension !!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to BLOWN GEARBOX!!. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!