Blowoff valve

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Blowoff valve

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all

I’ve done my research before posting .

Are blow off valves that vent to atmosphere legal? If they are, what parameters could cause them to be illegal?

I had a turbosmart on my ST and liked it but due to the RS being a stuck out thumb target for the police I’d rather not be pulled over for having illegal fittings.

Pls help before I consider a purchase

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

They are only legal if you are 17, own a flat brimmed hat, and drive a 1996 turbo Eclipse.

yorkirs
    Participant

UK - England

Eclipse not really popular in UK, not many will even recognise it.

In Uk I belive it’s more the antisocial behaviour often associated with the vehicle / driver not specifically the BOV that attracts the police.

A well set up RS does not need to burp, pops and bangs OK as well if not over the top.

May the Ford be with you

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I always thought BOVs were a bit naughty on cars with only a mass air flow meter as the emissions get screwed with when it opens, on a map equipped car its probably ok as the mixture is controlled thus avoiding excess emissions. How about a dual port BOV ? I think the Focus hasĀ  maf and a map(t) sensors ? not really gone into it. innit.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

adw
    Participant

UK - England

Can I fit them on a non turbo’d corsa? ?

I’ll be using a dual port if I get one.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

jonyboy
    Participant

UK - England

I prefer the sound of wastegate chatter

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Blowoff valve. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!