Bonnet vents

Home Forums Styling Exterior Styling Bonnet vents

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

i live in Essex , looking at getting bonnet vents fitted , painted to nitrous blue , but have no idea where to go , can anybody help ?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Peter you could have a look at these

http://www.maxtondesign.co.uk/shop/focus-mk3-rs-ecoboost-350.html

Honorary Member

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Photograph

Honorary Member

Twigs
    Participant

United Kingdom

That’s brill bobcat , but who would fit them?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

any bodyshop with a chap who has a bit of talent should be able to do that easy peasy. BUT, Pete, why not keep your original bonnet INCASE you change your mind, do it to a new bonnet from FORD or even one of those carbon fibre bonnets that are now available?? I would never ever cut my bonnet !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

P.S  really the vents need to go about 6 inches further back than those in the pictures, the real heat under the bonnet comes up from the turbo area, when hot, open the bonnet and feel the heat around the brake top up / brake servo area, its like a hot chimney there!! I have taken the weatherstrip off the trim infront of the wipers under the bonnet, when you turn the engine off, the heat coming up from there is amazing,( then run your hand along the wiper area with bonnet shut its real HOT!!)   but i guess most folk will stick them up front just for the look, and not true function ! Oh, and the under bonnet heat has started to yellow the paint on the underside of the bonnet.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Posted by Kenny under Carbon Bonnet Vents

Photograph

Honorary Member

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”>Friend of mine just had these fitted awesome job</span>

Sennaboy
    Participant

UK - England

Scott Wheeler
    Participant

UK - England

Or come to mountune for a professional drive-in, drive-out service….

https://www.mountunestore.com/collections/mk3-focus-rs-fit-at-hq/products/bonnet-vents-rs

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

Nick Wiley’s your man, look him up on Facebook

prices are cheap aswell

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

795 quid to have vents fitted, lol, did they bum you the same time.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

No the bumming was extra …………………………………..lol

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

the bummings usually out of stock though !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

cor those ones in sennalads photo look MAHOOSIVE ! I bet that bonnet flexes at high speed, looks like its going to take some rigidity out of the bonnet. Innit

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bonnet vents. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!