Boot lid water leak

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Boot lid water leak

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Luist2
    Participant

UK - England

Hi

Has anyone had water going into the trim on the boot lid? When I open the booth can hear it sloshing about and a tiny bit coming out of the black plastic trim.
    Uncovered the 2 drain holes Covered by tape to get it out but even with those open it still builds up and only comes out if I open the boot… so not a long term fix 😂

If anyone’s had the same problem and knows how it got in it would be very handy!

cheers 👍

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Your spoiler fixing bolts are loose, and the seals on the screw fixings are naff… a load of us have had the same, there is a thread on here with pic’s somewhere

1234enough
    Participant

UK - England

Same with mine, easy fix, pull off plastic internal boot trims at top of boot to get access to the 10mm(I think) head hex bolts, undo the bolts holding spoiler on(have someone else hold the spoiler ) remove spoiler, clean it and around holes, apply a sealent(I used silicone) or get some sealing washers, refix spoiler, done

si-s1
    Participant

UK - England

I had same problem , spoiler bolts now tight with silicone around them , no leaks now,

EBC  Blue floating discs , yellow stuff pads . Mountune springs . Carbon knob . quickshift . JR air filter. Maxton splitter . Mudflaps . Wind deflectors . Mountune carbon fibre rear spoiler lip , 15 mm wheel spacers .Hel Nitrous blue brake hoses, Mountune M380

stu-c
    Participant

UK - England

Same here!

NB FPM375

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Boot lid water leak. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!