Bored during lockdown

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Bored during lockdown

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Anyone else been working from home since March?

I know it’s unfair to complain when many are suffering but I’ve been working from home since March, been using click and collect for shopping and hardly leave the home. Last year I would collect my older kids at weekend and that was my main trip out but not done that since xmas due to rising infection rates and I think the end in site but man I’m bored, bank account can’t keep up with my online shopping!

But today I’ve had to speak to a few solicitors and recruitment agents (for work not personal) along with some IT companies. All of which was in there offices whilst there kids at school while my wife plays teacher with our little one, am I missing something here?

I live in Norfolk but on the edge of town on a main road, it’s pretty clear there less traffic outside but still much busier than last March , so my question is. Am I in the minority in that I’m home all the time, doing my utmost not to go out?

on the plus side our household has remained safe and have family who work in A&E so I know the reality of covid is real but really feel I’m one of only a few who are doing my utmost to stay home.

to bring it bk to cars, added the Ariel today, I know signal not as good but looks better. Shark fin next I think

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

In a very similar situation. Been working from home since the middle of March. Over the summer I was going to the office one day a week but for the foreseeable future it’s working from home. Gone is my international travel currently to some of our other sites which should be 2 weeks out of 4 away from home. One trip out per week to pick up a click and ollect order and that’s it. It does mentally drain you due to the lack of social interaction but on the plus side saving a shed load of money for holidays once it’s all over. No cafes, pubs, restaurants at weekends so outgoings have massively dropped. Wife is very OCD anyway so her “cleaning regime” is very thorough which has helped us to stay covid free. Fingers crossed it continues. All in we are doing our best.

Unlike our fucktards neighbours and their inbread family who are in and out constantly. Friends around, being picked up by other families etc. Even some of. Our so called “friends” still think it’s acceptable to meet at country parks with other families and their kids for walks. It’s just ignorance and stupidity.

Follow the rules and stay safe. Sooner we all do this the sooner we can get back to some sort of normality

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Yes, my wife and I have been working in the home office since last March. We have shared the same desk, but during numerous Zoom meetings one of us went to the kitchen. We have both executive positions, so one visit to our premises once or twice a week is fine. I have been working on CAD drawing projects that are independent of my location. The two of us went on hikes in the woods alone, sometimes with a camp fire, couple of sausages and beer. No parties whatsoever. And then we had weekly online game meetings with our friends with House Party and Skribble. That was fun for a couple of hours.

Yet, special attention has to be paid to mental health during these lockdown circumstances. I worked only 6 hours a day. Then I installed the so-called “Corona-Cruises”. I went for a blast of about 2 hours every day in my RS all over the country and listened to my preferred radio station with all the news. This driving relaxes tensions with the wife, improves driving skills and geography knowledge – and is virus-safe.

Cheers, take care

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

I almost forgot: I am a digital immigrant so I like to read books, on real paper. And then I am a hobby photographer, too. This summer I tried to shoot some live birds of prey. That kept my thoughts very focused for a couple of hours outside 😉

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

I count myself lucky. Im a lorry driver for a posh supermarket so haven’t stopped all year. I get to go all over the place so my day to day life hasn’t changed. I get tested 3 times a week which keeps the wife happy. Been pulled over numerous times by police checking what im doing.

440bhp

443lbft

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

Nice to hear I’m not the only one, I love my job but oddly I am envious of our Amazon delivery driver lol

just think cold weather bringing the grumps out of me lol I’ll wash the RS tomorrow and feel better.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Yea really shitty this time of year being stuck indoors. I dont think i would manage to be fair. Enjoy washing the car, mine is waaaaay overdue a clean

440bhp

443lbft

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

January and February are by far the worst two months of the year for me short days long nights and shit weather and continues into most of March. We usually get aware to some winter sun a couple of weeks just into the new year but it just isn’t on the cards at the moment. Our trips out have been hospital appointments and dental work and shopping for food. RS is on furlough at present cant see the point of taxing it when its not used. But the traffic is much busier than it was at the start of all this and its just like a minister said in the news some people are looking for loopholes to bend the rules. Its tough I know that and may get even worse before its better. News flash on my phone just now 1564 deaths today within 28 days of a pos Covid test thats terrible.

Coastliner

stripe
    Participant

UK - England

I’ve been furloughed three times since March. I’m wondering if there will be a job for me at the end of it…

I see a lot of stuff on social media about people going out to parties, meeting friends, blatantly ignoring what we should be doing. I’m far from perfect, and when working we struggled to maintain any kind of “covid secure” practices, but some people really are taking the michael now.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

That number coastliner is deaths reported today not necessarily died today. The true figure will be 700odd. Still bad but not as bad as 1000+.

440bhp

443lbft

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

440bhp

443lbft

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

@stripe keep your head up, I’m seeing a recovery of sorts it just depends what market sector your currently employed in but there no denying there are going to be tuff times ahead for all. I have many friends in the office supplies industry and unfortunately majority are seeking new employment or will be when furlough ends. Which is why making my post makes me seem like I’m a lucky individual and I am but still bored 🙂

2 new tyres brought online to be fitted at home purchased tonight, fronts are like slicks. Not that got anywhere to go at moment but bring on summer 🙂 July aug time I think uk travel be allowed so hoping to do a few shows and track days (Mrs brought me one for snetterton for xmas for end of jan. That’s cancelled) so if any benefit of lockdown is my RS be a much better car because of it.

the Mrs has not noticed it got lowered whilst being serviced lol

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Fuck off snow flake piss I work in the energy sector and have worked every day of this pandemic.  So to come on a forum and spout tripe about people should be doing this and that fuck off and get on with your life keep your self to your self and stay away from people it’s called common sense which is very sparse in this country nowadays. Every number your seeing is false like every company you have worked for it’s called adjusting your numbers to suit your business. Grow up and waken up.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

Hammy
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Also a ex copper trying to say people using loopholes. What a joke your whole career is based on loopholes.

• Magnetic, Forge wheels, Edge Protectors , Lux Pack & Recaro Shell Seats
    • Dreamscience Imap Ultimate 3+
    • Dmb Gel Badges Nitrous Blue
    • Rallyflapz Kaylan Black 
    • Team Heko Wind defectors Dark 
    • Dreamscience turbo back exhaust with race car.
    • Airtec SSC Black
    • Airtec Stage 2 Air Intake Black & Nitrous Blue 
    • Airtec Rear Diffuser Black 
    • ST suspension 12.5mm spacers
    • Forge recirculating valve
    • yellow fog lights 
    • Airtec Nitrous Blue rear diff cooler 
    • 10% tint on rear lights 
    • Satin black window louver vents
    • Airtec short shifter set @ 40%
    • Valve delete mod
    • Bonnet struts 
    • Solid shifter bushes 
    • 1 step colder spark plugs NGK 
    • Engine dress up screw kit
    • body colour coded washer jets 
    • Airtec intercooler
    • Airtec boost pipes
    • Clubsport 4 point roll cage in nitrous blue
    • 3 point securon harness x2 
    • Driver side JCR lowered seat rail 

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

That aimed at me?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bored during lockdown. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!