Brake dust

Home Forums Styling Wheels Brake dust

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

rs-man
    Participant

UK - England

After washing the car the brake discs go orange which isn’t a problem, when I drive all the orange Brake dust sticks to the forged alloy and looks terrible.

Is there a way I can prevent this from happening

Eruliaf
    Participant

UK - England

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

Works well for me too

Honorary Member

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Me too, highly recommended

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I just try and not use the brakes !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Are the big anchor boot method. ?

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

Hi i purchased the autoglym wheel protecter read the instructions on tin and it said not suitable for black painted wheels so I didn’t use this product on my forged wheels don’t know if this is may be correct just thought worth a mention !!?

o1turbo30v
    Participant

USA

I changed out my pads for the Mountune Street Pads (Winmax W1), they are virtually dustless and super quiet, perform just as well if not better than the stock pad.

https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Brake-Pad-Set-Focus-RS-Street-Front-p/7036-bpf-a1.htm

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

@tfrs  thats exactly what I was thinking, would the product fook up the satin black forged rims? maybe someone can try it on an old damaged/spare rim or someone thats not too bothered what happens!!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

tfrs
    Participant

UK - England

71-bda yes I agree not the strongest painted wheels good soapy wash with wheel woolies just the job all my wheels get ?

mikey456
    Participant

UK - England

I think you have a few options. Firstly, applying ceramic coatings to wheels tends to reduce the amount of brake dust that sticks to them and makes them a lot easier to clean – try Gyeon Rim, Kamikaze Stance Rim Coat, or Gtechnic C5 Wheel Armour. Secondly, Bilthamber make a corrosion inhibitor called atom-mac (it’s been discussed on detailing world if you want to see some example results). Lastly, what I try to do is before drying the car, I drive forward and backwards dragging the brake pedal which removes any remaining rust and gives you a chance to clean any last bits of brake dust off. Hope that helps ??

Mark Edwards
    Participant

UK - England

I bough this stuff the other day seems to work quite well to be honest. No sure why it has a problem with black wheels? Makes the less shiny perhaps?

Mark

adw
    Participant

UK - England

am I mistaken that @rs man is taking about the rotars having a thin layer of rust after washing?

I get this. I just ride on the breaks after a wash before it rusts.

Mods:

AccessPort / Stratified tune + STuned extended pops & bangs + custom pop and bang intensity / Boomba Racing short throw plate / DMB inlays / Mountune air filter / Mountune RMM / Mountune Recirc / Milltek Non Res Cat Back

rs-man
    Participant

UK - England

rs-man
    Participant

UK - England

This is after washing the car

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Brake dust. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!