Brake pads

Home Forums Performance Brakes Brake pads

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Oops sorry for the random photo ✋✋

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Why do websites say they have stock in when they don’t actually 🤦‍♂️. Bought ebc off scc performance and after taking the money they emailed me saying they don’t have the rears in and can take 4-6 weeks. So cancelled as I need them soon as. So I emailed couple of other sites before buying and even though it says in stock they’re not actually in stock.

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Yea i found that with the ebc stuff. Best to check direct on the ebc website.

440bhp

443lbft

Pauly Paul
    Participant

Sorry people just a quick side step off original topic, took RS out yesterday for a run for about 1/2 hour , came back home quick wipe down & felt tremendous heat from front wheels, no heavy breaking or hard run just casual run , checked coolant all ok is this normal any feedback appreciated 👍👍👍

Take care everyone.

Matt23
    Participant

UK - England

This is just my opinion, but I had EBC pads on 1 of my old Impreza STIs and they were shockingly bad.
    Obviously this was many years ago now and not sure if they’ve changed much, but I never would of even considered them as an option to put on the RS.
    What other brands would you all recommend from your own experiences ?
    The car would only be used for spirited road driving, no track days.

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

It used to be that oe pads were useless and upgrades were needed.
    But for this car I find the standard pads and discs are great. Consistent in use. Cheap to replace. You don’t get charged extra for the advertising and the silly colours and names.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@matt.b

No stock on their site either.

@matt23

Lot of good feedback on here with ebc discs and yellow stuff pads. What pads did you have on the Scooby?

I currently have mountune discs and standard pads fitted be the first owner. Done well for 5 years. No noise good pedal feel. I was thinking of going mountune discs and pads but no stock either. Other option was ebc discs and feroddo ds 2500 pads but quite dear.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

So ended up buying mountune pads but still no discs. Settled on getting mountune discs or the ebc bsd discs… None in stock.. so still waiting and needing them asap..

I bought ebc bsd front discs from ebc to wait a week later to say they went to the warehouse and had none left 🤦🏽‍♂️ FS.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

JW racing let me put them in the basket so maybe they have stock? Good luck

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

Every site let’s you buy them, then they email you saying they’ve no stock. So annoying.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

I’ve emailed them too see if they actually do have stock

rainydays
    Participant

Luxembourg

They like to do this because it is free cash flow.

You guys should consider yourselves lucky that you get an e-mail.
    I ordered two rotors from Amber’s performance which is a sister shop jwracing are using.
    The website said in stock. I bought them and I was told the ordered is being processed and will be shipped as soon as possible.
    Two days pass no news. I call the guy and they say that they should arrive in a few days as they are using their EU Warehouse.
    After a week I find out that they had to place an order via DBA to build them in Australia and then have them shipped.
    I waited a month for them but I bought under the premise that they were in stock.

Nitrous Blue Dyno Tuned @ 600 NM | Wagner Tuning – Competition IC | REVO Carbon CAI 

HJS 200 Cell Sportkat Remus Cat-back | SS Black Chrome Tailpipes

Fischer-Hydraulik SS Brake Lines | Endless RF 650 Brake Fluid | Endless ME20 Pads F+R (squeak king)

Rotors: TSP XG150 – DBA 5000 T3 SLOT | DBA 4000 T3 SLOT | Suspension: MR – KW Clubsport 2 way with H&R ARB F+R

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

FS man.. I’ve had to wait for 2 refunds from 2 different companies staying they had stock.l when they didn’t..over £1,100 to be refunded. Now I email them before buying them but even that didn’t make a difference with EBC direct. They gave me an arrival date with ups then a few days later oh we didn’t have any left in the warehouse when we went to collect it. So they lied saying they had stock when they didn’t.

companies have the ability to cancel the payment before it leaves your bank account but they don’t. They take it then refund it which takes about a week.

Lucky_
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@tall Paul

J w don’t have any stock either, they emailed me back

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Brake pads. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!