Brakes & hydraulic clutch

Home Forums Performance Brakes Brakes & hydraulic clutch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Hi there chaps

Yesterday I have been driving along doing my long-term endurance testing and exceeding 160’000 km. All of a sudden the alarm chime goes on every two minutes with the code red warning: “Low brake fuid level! Service now!”. This was just the nanny screaming. Brakes are working fine.

The master mechanic looked at it since he did the MOT for me six weeks ago. There is indeed a small leak like when I replaced the brake lines last spring. He suspects a failing T-connector that separates the lines to the brakes and to the clutch. That could be quite some work to dismantle the transmission and replacing the brakes altogether (all four pads and disks) at the same time. I will book it probably next week and see where we get.

Cheers, drive careful with that snow 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

kr1s
    Participant

UK - England

Hi Frenk.

It is good to hear about high distance cars and any issues.

the brakes will work fine with low fluid

as I know because very low brake pad material can cause this.

As to your leak

your car is maybe due a rebuild ?

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

HEL do a nice stainless braided clutch line to give better pedal feel about Β£60 ish

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

RS@WUB
    Participant

UK - England

I upgraded to the Blue HEL lines from the club shop. Can honestly say the Pedal feel is much better but where I really noticed it was on track, no more long brake pedal when hot. Really recommended upgrade.

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

HEL doing good deals on clutch and brake lines

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the β€œM” maps suck

frenk
    Participant

Switzerland

Update:

I just came back from the workshop: all brand new set of brake disks and pads, plus brake lines including T-connector to the clutch. At 162’ooo km I decided that my Rosie and I are definitive vintage as we grow older together. To this occasion I treated myself to a pair of brand new Ray Ban Olympian II sunglasses.

Cool, innit 😎

Revo Stage 1 – JCR super low seating frame – Mishimoto gas pedal spacer – DSC sport controller

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

@Frenk that’s good glasses are cool, Merry Christmas to you and all yours πŸŽ…πŸ»πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸ₯³πŸΎπŸ˜ΈπŸ‘

Honorary Member

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Brakes & hydraulic clutch. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!