Bucks/Beds/Herts/Oxon Meet

Home Forums Regional England – South Bucks/Beds/Herts/Oxon Meet

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

fixedgear
    Participant

UK - England

Hi all.

I thought I would ask if there were any meets that take place around my area. I’m Aylesbury/Bicester/MK based but wasn’t sure if these need to be formally setup by a regional organiser?

If anyone fancies a saturday morning meet up, I know a great venue we can use.

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

I would definitely interested in any future Bucks meet up’s. Went to a couple of Kent meeting last year that were good!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I think people prefer a Sunday morning breakfast meet than a Saturday, theres always stuff to do on Saturday

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

rs-jon
    Participant

UK - England

I’m up for a Bucks meet (I’m on Bucks/Northants border) but Sat morning is a no-no cos I work until 1pm Saturdays…

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Hi All,

I would also be up for a meet up Bucks/Oxon Border Patrol.

If we can’t make morning meet ups any chance of afternoons maybe???????????

Or the Sunday like 71-bda says.

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Agree with others that Sunday morning is the way to go.

@fixedgear
    what venue had you in mind?

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

I don’t mind really, if someone has an idea put it out there and were go for that and next time move around to another Border?

fixedgear
    Participant

UK - England

If we were to do Saturday we could hold a meet at the Auto Torque workshop in Westcott, Bucks. They offer tuning, servicing, alignment etc for the RS.

or

If we do a Sunday we could go to the Akeman Inn in Kingswood where I sometimes hold events under my Boosted brand.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goqg_9vDZQY

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

a meet at a workshop sounds like Markcups idea of heaven, but I think most like a breakfast meet in a cafe as Bacon and Coffee are involved !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@fixedgear No reason why we couldn’t perhaps try your Saturday trip to Westcott one day as well as Sunday breakfast.

I did my apprenticeship at Royal Ordnance at Westcott so would love to have a look around again. I can remember the apprentices used to race around the site as it was an airfield. Wish I had the RS then!

fixedgear
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda There will be bacon and coffee there !

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

Bacon and Coffee, always a winner.

Do you think this could happen this weekend?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

If it does then I wont be able to attend.

fixedgear
    Participant

UK - England

@alloy not for me. I think eveyone will want a few weeks notice. I’m heading to the Alpine London showroom launch.

alloy
    Participant

UK - England

That’s fine I’ll keep checking in to see what gets arranged. Look forward to meeting up sometime.

Enjoy your weekend……………<!–more–>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Bucks/Beds/Herts/Oxon Meet. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!