Caliper piston push tool

Home Forums Performance Brakes Caliper piston push tool

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Hello everyone!

Can anybody recommend a caliper piston tool suitable to push back the pistons in the Brembo front calipers?

Looking at experimenting with different front brake pad specs during the year during my track days and wonder if I can replace front pads without removing caliper whilst still in position on the disk? I do have a piston push tool that can be used if the caliper is removed from upright/ disk but wonder if there’s a quicker way?

Thanks

John

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

Get a £9 one off ebay or a £200 from Snap-On they all do the same job

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks @white-rs2. Can you recommend any that can be used whilst the caliper and disk are still installed on front upright?

As mentioned, I have one that can be used when the caliper is removed from upright. Ill have a look on ebay later.

Thanks.

John

white-rs2
    Participant

UK - England

@777ham

I think they all are a case of removing the caliper to allow access to the pistons

RS Edition.

FPM375 Rocks

The rest of the “M” maps suck

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@white-rs2

No problem, thanks for your replies. Its not a big job to remove the caliper but just wondered if it could be bettered!

andy thornton
    Participant

UK - England

Use a screwdriver inbetween the disk and pad and use the pad to push the piston back,the rear pads are on a screw thread piston so caliper will need to be undone to screw the piston back.

Former RS Edition owner

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks Andy.

I guess you need to just crack off the brake fluid reservoir cap whilst doing it and then tighten.

crocket81
    Participant

UK - England

Just push back with a large screwdriver mate, you may need 2 cos as you push one back the opposite one will push out, regards to the reservoir, if you are able to ,suck some fluid out,pump the brakes back up after fitment and then top up the level

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@crocket81

Thanks for the advice!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@777ham i got this one £15 delivered from eBay few years back… doest the job?

777ham
    Participant

UK - England

@GM  ?

rs-le
    Participant

UK - England

I bought this from eBay for £9.99 for the front 4 pots, worked a treat, Great little tool , bargain 

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Caliper piston push tool. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!