Captain Sir Tom Moore

Home Forums General Non RS Chat Captain Sir Tom Moore

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • Author

hitch6742
    Participant

UK - England

Dave….agree with freedom of speech and, like you, hope there is no ban, but there was no need to put the poor fella down, I respect Hammy’s knowledge, Tom’s history is filled with a damn site more many of could ever have done, and regardless if he was a media puppet (which I don’t think he would he himself would’ve allowed to happen), he was still very humble and still felt the need to get up and do what he did at 99yrs.

NB 375, Goodrich hoses, RDU cooler (fitted for the hell of it), gas bonnet struts, Mountune RR, hard pipe kit, V1 cat-back….and RS seat covers!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Freedom of speech is fine, its just not fine when its blatantly wrong and aimed at someone who cannot defend himself and has done no wrong to the person enjoying having that freedom of speech, probably thanks to many people LIKE CAPTAIN TOM !!   He certainly was not a puppet for the media or a tool to divert bad news away from the Government, the media loved him and his story and he  was a little ray of sunshine at a time of continual bad news. R.I.P TOM !!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

@71-bda I’m in total agreement with what you said above,  I couldn’t have put it any better myself. RIP Captain Tom

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Cheers Red !

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Matt. B
    Participant

UK - England

Didn’t get to to read what hammy put but going by is other posts im sure it was utter drivel.

440bhp

443lbft

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

It was Matt, then he came back and posted about 5 more posts of even more pompous bitter waffle, seems that Kenny removed it as well, great job too.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I don’t think he was dissing the old boy but he was calling us lot muppets for needing such a hero which is fair comment IMO.

We must never allow anyones voice to be cancelled regardless of how much we hate/disaprove of what’s being said even when they are wrong.

Some of us know what its like to have our opinions cancelled which for me is the most heinous crime of all.

Do hope Tom gets his statue. That will really fu*k the BLM bastards off.

RIP Tom and Long Live ALL conversation about him.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

Dave, yes he was insulting Captain Tom ! quite nasty as well. You have to cut some people off because otherwise we would have more jihadis on the streets calling for the beheading of infidels etc like they did a few years back for a start ! Freedom of speech does not mean freedom to insult the memory of a dear old chap like Tom who is not with us to defend himself and who in the first place never did Hamish Hamilton Hammy any harm ! I do not ‘Need a hero’ I don’t think anyone on here needed a hero, and no one asked Captain Tom to do anything that would deem him to be a hero. The fact is, hammy is an out and out friendless  English-hater, he has some serious issues and is probably still missing the toys he threw out of his pram a while back, he has one hell of a chip on his shoulder !

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

I’m quite happy to see and hear the Jihadi’s Mike.

Those who suppress their bullshit are hiding it so the general population can’t see it and don’t believe you and I when we tell them what they are all about.

Quite happy to let Pedo’s get on their soapboxes and tell us who they are too. So much information has been hidden regarding the Muslim grooming gangs due to the snowflake lefties who try and stop us from hearing that it is justified by Mohammed’s own actions in life. Them lefties are responsible for the tens of thousands of raped kids because of their determination to stop people like us telling the truth. Did you see the Commons debate on Friday? – The left up to their dirty tricks again trying to stop the investigations into all the children raped because it might hurt moderate Muslims!!.

Suppressing freedom of speech (any) is a crime against humanity. Freedom of speech should be absolute with no exceptions at all.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Im with DaveRS3 and also believe that Hammy had some point the in way Cpt Tom, was basically put at risk by his family exposing him to the virus. But he got a little carried away….

As being used as a puppet, the whole idea was masterminded and set up by his daughter… So you can make your own mind up on that.

I don’t normally have a view on stuff like this, and basically ignore it all, but having 2 mates fucked up by their time served in the Special forces and Irish Guards… Another mate from 1st The Queen’s Dragoon Guards who came out, couldn’t handle normal civilian life, went back and got killed in 2011…. its a shame that all service men & women, are not recognised, protected and helped allot more.

But the one thing we cant take from the guy is the credit he deserves for serving his country, and the good he done with the fund-raising how ever it came about.. The guy was a true gent & a legend 👍

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I thought he started walking in his back garden to assist in his recovery from cancer and surgery for a leg/hip problem? I heard one of his radio interviews and thought he said something along the lines of ” well if the more I walk is better for me I may as well do some good and maybe people can sponsor me and donate to the NHS”??

“Captain Sir Tom fulfilled a life-long dream shortly before Christmas when he went on a holiday with his family to Barbados. The trip was arranged courtesy of British Airways and Visit Barbados by way of thanking Tom for his remarkable achievement”.

The Moores flew out to the Caribbean Island on 11 December before strict coronavirus travel rules came into force in the UK.

In a post on Twitter, Captain Tom shared a picture of himself smiling as he sat inside the plane just before take-off.

In a message, he said a trip to Barbados had ticked another adventure off his bucket list and thanked organisers for making it happen.

It seems that scantily clad teenage so called “influencers” and lifestlyle vloggers and so called media stars etc have all gone away on holidays and boasted of it and not much is said about those arseholes and yet  Captain Tom realises a lifetime dream probably knowing he will never get the chance again is blasted out of the water for it !! Leave the lad alone ! Innit.

No nothing.

No tackiness.

Innit?

red-leader
    Participant

UK - England

Totally agree @bda he did something he had always wanted to do, pleased he did as he didn’t know what was around the corner.

The man has my respect for the way he looked after his wife and the money he raised for the NHS.

DaveRS3
    Participant

United Kingdom

Hammy’s been arrested:

Man, 35, is charged over ‘offensive’ tweet about Captain Tom https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9237235/Man-35-charged-offensive-tweet-Captain-Tom.html?ito=native_share_article-masthead

coastliner
    Participant

UK - England

He certainly led a long and full life and the biggest achievement was right at the end.

Coastliner

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@71-bda as i said the guy is a true legend but i can only go on what i read… Im not knocking the guy, or what he’s done…. we all know most influencers are fuckwits 🤣😆

Just really hope this makes people realise what service men & women go through, and do for us and our country…..

Despite restriction or no restriction common sense should be a major factor in travel in the current climate… Is it worth the risk?

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Captain Sir Tom Moore. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!