CAT Thief

Home Forums General Spotted CAT Thief

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Kenny
    Keymaster

UK - Scotland

Ok who is it?…

Taken from a page on Facebook:

OWL Message from Hillingdon Neighbourhood Watch:
    Theft of catalytic converters – Blue Ford Focus involved

Dear Watch Member,
    Attention called to a sky blue Ford Focus involved in multiple thefts of catalytic converters across Hillingdon, Harrow and the Thames Valley area.

These thefts usually take place early morning – 0400hrs-0500hrs – but also at other times, including daylight hours.
    The vehicle usually contains two or three males with dark clothing and baseball caps. The image below shows the actual vehicle and the suspects.

Action required
    If you see this vehicle moving slowly down the street and the occupants are seen to get out and look under a vehicle, please call the Police immediately on 999 giving the location.

Be ready to give the direction of travel if it makes off whilst you are on the call.

Note the registration if possible, and save any CCTV of the incident.

These thefts are usually all over within two minutes, so opportunities to catch these thieves are easily missed – an instant call to 999 is essential.

An image has been included below to accompany this message. Please scroll down to view it. If you can’t see it you may need to select “display images”. Alternatively check if it’s a separate attachment.

If you need to reply regarding this message, tap on this email address: hillingdonnhw@gmail.com

Regards,
    Dave Ludlow
    Community Coordinator
    Email: hillingdonnhw@gmail.com

bobcat
    Participant

UK - England

I hope it’s no one on here ?

Honorary Member

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

We had an outbreak of cat thefts in San Diego around 4 yrs ago.

One of my wife’s co-worker had a Toyota pick-up, during the X-mas party at the hotel all was well, till he was heading home, he noticed his truck was a bit loud than usual.

There’s precious metal in the Cat.

If that RS owner is here… shame on you! Hard working people try to work hard and you swipe shit like this!

I’m ashamed it’s a fellow RS owner is involved with this type of enterprise!

buz
    Participant

UK - England

I doubt the occupants actually own the RS ?

2017 Nitrous Blue RS with every option except shell seats – no blue bolsters for me though.

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

They probably also stole the RS!

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

and such a nice BAME neighbourhood ! wonder if the crims were white ?

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

maybe half an ounce of rare earth metals in some cats, while scrap yards ask no questions it will carry on

Not a bad get away vehicle to be fair

Fit security bolts to make it harder to remove quickly, torx head or similar

turbo-tone
    Participant

UK - England

Not guilty.

Wrong wheels on that one

Collins Cp2 map. Ramair induction. Mountune mud flaps. Scorpion Sports Cat. Scorpion Tracker. Wind deflectors. NB washer jets and shark fin aerial. EBC Grooved discs, YellowStuff pads. Airtec Intercooler, Miltek cat back with titanium tips. Collins quickshift. DSC Controller

nicklulu
    Participant

USA

Just following on @turbo-tone lead, not guilty either.

I have a black roof, wing and side mirrors, I have a different wheels….. and I am in the US!

Reminds me of the David Schwimmer case:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/16/entertainment/david-schwimmer-lookalike-jailed-scli-gbr-intl/index.html

??

• This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by nicklulu.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 9 months ago by nicklulu.

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

Thats why my cat is on the shelf in the garage! ?

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@gm – watch out for cat burglars!

GM
    Participant

UK - Wales

@Tall Paul theres a choice of 2 in the garage, standard CAT and the scorpion sports CAT ? might have to up security?

brembo
    Participant

UK - Scotland

@gm

Afternoon mate!! ?.

You’re gonna need a Dog to protect those Cats..!! Lol.. ??.

Cheers, Marc.

MY/17, F/White, Forged Black Wheels, Recaro Shell Seats, Diamas SiRamik Glasscoat, H&R Anti-Roll Bars/15mm Spacers, EBC Turbo Brake Discs all round/Yellowstuff Brake Pads, Mountune Air Intake/Recirc Valve/SSC/Blue Turbo Hose Kit and Hard Pipe/Uprated Springs/Short Shifter/Rear Motor Mount/Crank Breather Plate, ETS Intercooler, Milltek 100 Cell Cat, Remus Wolf Inside Exhaust, Litchfield Stage 2 map via Cobb Accessport V3, DSC unit.

Tall Paul
    Participant

UK - England

@GM  I think security required sounds like a cat astrophe waiting to happen! I’m not kitten it’s meow or never not the time for pro cat stination, they rarely catch the purrrpatrator

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to CAT Thief. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!