Ceramic coating prices

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating prices

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • Author

stevep
    Participant

UK - England

I was quoted over £700 for a ceramic coating with a 5 year guarantee today does that sound about right

milks
    Participant

UK - England

That’s about right for a full car detail including wheels and interior mate.

greg
    Participant

UK - Wales

That’s what I paid for my gtechniq detail

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

cant see how that’s justified personally. if i have a McLaren, maybe. but on a regular car, can’t see it myself. but, each to their own.

milks
    Participant

UK - England

£35000 car, £700 detail, so about 2% of the total car cost to protect it for 4-5 years… Not only is it justified it’s a no brained, unless you’re tight.

comedysi
    Participant

UK - England

not about being tight, like i say, its all down to individual preferences. for me, its just a ford, its just a mass produced hot hatchback. i dont need to spend 700 quid to keep a car looking ‘good’ for the 3-4 years that i’ll own it. if some feel different, so-be-it. but to my mind, its not the only way to keep a car looking good from new whilst you own it, there’s plenty, plenty of other choices to achieve 90% of the look for probably 90% less.

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

Interesting views which all have worth but lm just going to add mine.
    My RS is currently having paint film protection applied  to the front end as well as as a new car detail including the best ceramic coating available.

So why am l spending an extra 1800 quid on a bog standard Ford?

Reason l am is because this little bog standard ford is my Ferrari, Aston or whatever you like and l aim to keep it in the best possible condition l can so l can enjoy for years to come.

Can l really afford to go to the extra expense, no but hey l’ll deal with it. Is it worth it? yes in my eyes it is for the above reasons.

Hoping to keep the RS for many years so instead of modding lm going looks and protection.

l’ve seen Fords with every possible mod going and though not all would be my choice l respect what the owner is trying to achieve and l believe it’s the right thing to do.

So yes a very individual choice which has many arguments for and against but should be respected ?

Hope everyone enjoys their RS whatever they have done to it.

1. Stmart

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

@stevep. Sorry mate l didn’t mention your £700 pound.

This kinda price is top end so my advice is shop around and get as many quotes as possible and compare like for like.

Then once you have picked who and what you want doing go for the bartering bit?

There is always a deal to be done and if the detaile likes the smell of CASH? you can get a really good deal if you know what l mean.

Good Luck??

1. Stmart

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

Sorry “Deatailer”

1. Stmart

stevep
    Participant

UK - England

Thanks guys for all the replies my view is the same as Stmart and  as I want to keep it for a long time and it to still look good in a few years time

markmark3
    Participant

UK - England

I paid 700 for the gtechniq black 7 year.

66 Nitrous Blue, Sync 3, lux pack, CS seats, black forged alloys, blue Brembo calipers. FPM 375 upgrade. And a dirty big grin..?

18 Red edition garage queen.

wrighty
    Participant

UK - England

I paid £500 for gtechniq csl and exov2

oldbloke
    Participant

UK - England

Don’t get the pricing really, i bought all the Gtechniq products for ceramic coating and Gtechniq wheel glass interior products off the net for approx. £150 and done the job myself and it looks as good as anything iv had detailed before, no doubt the work is in the prep but its a brand new  motor so not to much involved there, why do it myself ? because its easy, if you can polish your car you can ceramic coat it   plus phoning around different Detailers the prices where £100s apart!  loads of vids on the Tube how to use these products, just sayin

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

£700 ? mental. its not as if you are getting a product for that money, you are getting a £100 worth of liquid polymer. The rest of the money is pure profit straight into the laughing all the way to the bank hyped up car cleaner. seriously, a fool and his money are easily parted! These clever ” paintwork correction protection engineers” have succesfully scared the shit out of people so much that everyone feels as if  their car is going to be ruined if they DONT spend money on detailing!! Sheep. oh, and as for the old ” oh but its so much easier to wash when its coated” seriously?  my waxed cars bead up and wash just fine !

Make car cleaners rich……

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

markmark3
    Participant

UK - England

Each to there own Mike.

Your view is your view…

66 Nitrous Blue, Sync 3, lux pack, CS seats, black forged alloys, blue Brembo calipers. FPM 375 upgrade. And a dirty big grin..?

18 Red edition garage queen.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating prices. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!