Ceramic coating prices

Home Forums Styling Bodywork & Detailing Ceramic coating prices

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author

jasoni
    Participant

UK - England

Ive decided not to have it done. The car will be used as an everyday driver, not like it will give me any more protection from stone chips and the like. May reconsider in a few years but for now a good wash and polish will suffice.

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

It’s a case of everyone has their own opinion I think?

Me I’m not adding any upgrade mods to the RS. No exhaust, No BHP increase, No lowering kits so is that wrong?

What I decided to do instead was to keep stock but have the paint protection and ceramic coating.

I would like to think the RS still looks mint in 10 years time and that is what floats my boat ?

1. Stmart

Sds
    Participant

United Kingdom

I have all my cars detailed and coated (Miglior detailing).  Car paint is usually in a shocking condition from the factory.

The work goes into the polishing and the finish achieved is amazing.  The car is much easier to wash and stays clean/beads.

i think it is well worth it and will be getting the RS done (delivery imminent!)

stteb
    Participant

UK - England

My 2 day old rs …my lad who is a detailer at fords

Used Nano 9H ceramic coat ..did my car in my garage. On sunday

I clean it . Decondanated it .  We took a few hours to do.. then left it in there a few days.

took lt out the following week end. Looks very good ..even better when the sun comes out !!

all It cost me was the price of the ceramic…I.ll take photos .when the suns out

he can offer a good price if any body’s interested..cheers

grunty-motor
    Participant

UK - Scotland

“£700 ? mental. its not as if you are getting a product for that money, you are getting a £100 worth of liquid polymer. The rest of the money is pure profit straight into the laughing all the way to the bank hyped up car cleaner. seriously, a fool and his money are easily parted! These clever ” paintwork correction protection engineers” have succesfully scared the shit out of people so much that everyone feels as if their car is going to be ruined if they DONT spend money on detailing!! Sheep. oh, and as for the old ” oh but its so much easier to wash when its coated” seriously? my waxed cars bead up and wash just fine !”

i do not agree.

you cant buy the top of the range/ authorised dealer products that last 7years. Agreed, it does not constitute the full asking price – the rest is labour. Like everything else, if you can do it yourself, then you can save money. If you cant/ dont want to, then you have to pay someone else. My detailer had the car for 5days. and for £700 i mantian that is not being ripped off at all. it included the interior package.

next you will be saying dont pay for your first service. change the oil and filter yourself and be happy.

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

I’m really not sure what is prompting some of the replies but each to your own.

Ceramic coating, right or wrong. I don’t give a fuck really as l wanted it along with PFP.

Guarantee my paintwork will be better in 5 years time to others who haven’t got it .

But it’s not a case of mines better than yours it more I wanted CC  and PFP, simples.

1. Stmart

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Mike tells everyone in every detailing post the same thing. Unsure why but he does. Hes not a fan:)

Still Im with y’all professional detailing is worth the money…my car still looks amazing and it was done in December! Takes nothing but a snowfoam and rinse to look perfect….no waxing etc needed at all for years!

I had Gyeon Q2 Durabead in/out;)

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I chose not to have plastic protection or any crystal nano liquids applied for many reasons and they have come about from experience being in the motor trade for 38 years, starting as apprentice mechanic, did time in bodyshop, paintshop ( back in the days when we were given a pint of milk each day to counter the effects of the toxic paint at that time) I’ve sold new cars and bought and sold cars while running an MOT service station. I have bought and sold literally thousands of cars and for a long time used to prepare them myself, I saw loads of cars with paint that had obviously never been maintained, faded, fallout, the whole lot, and all it ever took even for the worst car was a wash, sometimes a thinners wipe over, maybe a T-cut on solid reds, then a polish, and with quality cars we would give them a final wax, we would literally polish the profit into them and the paintwork would be restored to as new even on ten year old cars in a matter of hours and that was on  cars that had never been maintained paintwork-wise. So to me, as long as I wash the car when its dirty, don’t allow any bird crap to sit on it, and maybe wax it once a year, I know my paint will look exactly the same as  paint thats had a £700 sealer job done on it in however many years you wish to judge. Why make out that it is so much easier to wash a treated car? is it REALLY that hard to wash a car that has mere wax on it? don’t think so!!

Just what are you ‘protecting’ your paintwork from? acid x-ray beams from Martians? I bet over 80% of people that spend £700 on a sealant treatment and £1000? on front end clear plastic sell their cars within 3 or 4 years so where is the benefit?

Oh, and this car was my daily driver, had a £100 repaint in 1984 ( receipt to prove for doubters), has done 40000 miles since, has been polished/waxed maybe every other year, has done a few night rallies, and has it been ceramic coated or PPF covered? NO ! its got some stone chips and patina!

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

Mike,

We’re aware! But people will still spend on what they want wont they and, in the opinion of those who have it done, its worth it….even if you personally dont think so;)

Dave:)

rsdom
    Participant

UK - Wales

Had mine done over the weekend, was sceptical at first but have to say I am really pleased with the results come up like glass, and had the interior done for added protection (2 kids)

Dealer washed mine before collection and the paint was not left in a good way, gleaming now though ;o)

warehou
    Participant

Australia

It helps – $1100AUD here for the lot. Makes the swirls and the like on black a whole lot better

milks
    Participant

UK - England

Longest sentence ever, Jesus.

If you like it have it done, if you don’t then don’t.. Simple.

71-bda
    Participant

UK - England

I’m hardcore oldskool..

and hasn’t scratched up the uber soft forged rims either! ( fancy buckets,mops, towels, blow driers, who needs em?)

ha ha ha , I’m taking over from the Howsey.

No nothing.

No Mods. No rockers. Just a chunky knob, thats now been replaced by an RS knob innit.

No tackiness.

Std as Ford intended, but with a space saver wheel and jack and nuts and wheel brace. oh.. and flaps, a man has got to have flaps.

Innit?

stmart
    Participant

UK - England

@MikeParker

Very nice motor Mike and hope you still got?

Shame about the swirls in the paintwork lol.

1. Stmart

carismadave
    Participant

UK - England

@St…. No, Mike’s not got the car anymore. His continual washing without the ‘proper equipment’ meant he’s simply grit-blasted it into obscurity, created rust on wheels and its no longer with us. Those photos were actually taken three weeks after purchase;)

If ‘only’ he’d gone to a ‘Professional Gimper’ eh!

Dave;)

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Please login or register to view this page.

Login or register below to contribute to Ceramic coating prices. If you're not already a member then you can register for free!